NCAAF/National Scene

rico

Oxford is a beautiful campus. Auburn has had multiple Heisman trophy winners, won a national championship and played for another, have a natural recruiting base with Alabama,  Georgia, and Florida, and have a big budget. Ole Miss has none of those. I cheer for Auburn over Bama because most Bama fans are unbearable down here, but I'm not sure how the Ole Miss is equal to Auburn argument can be made without biases. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Oxford is a beautiful campus. Auburn has had multiple Heisman trophy winners, won a national championship and played for another, have a natural recruiting base with Alabama,  Georgia, and Florida, and have a big budget. Ole Miss has none of those. I cheer for Auburn over Bama because most Bama fans are unbearable down here, but I'm not sure how the Ole Miss is equal to Auburn argument can be made without biases. 

I show Ole Miss with 1 championship and Auburn with 2(sports-reference).  Historically I guess I would put Auburn ahead of Mississippi but it ain't by a large margin.  But that historic thing can be misleading.  I imagine that schools like Pitt, Minnesota, and even Navy rank up there historically in the win column.  And then there is Nebraska.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

There isn't always two tunnels at these places.  Idk the makeup of the underside of the Big House, but... its very possible the UM players had to "go past" the MSU lockerroom before making it to their own. 

I do agree with the sentiment "f*** around and find out"... but not to the extend that its 5 on 1, or whatever it was. Two dudes fighting in a hall way? So be it. 5 guys JUMPING someone.. I've got issues with that. 

So I did read there is only one tunnel.  Also, Penn st was just complaining last week because things must have gotten chippy.  Makes me wonder even more what led up to it.  Either way a guy shouldn't get stomped playing  college sports.  Those guys should be off the team and black balled from anything resembling a real program.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

So I did read there is only one tunnel.  Also, Penn st was just complaining last week because things must have gotten chippy.  Makes me wonder even more what led up to it.  Either way a guy shouldn't get stomped playing  college sports.  Those guys should be off the team and black balled from anything resembling a real program.  

Where is common sense in all of this? If there is only one tunnel, then let the teams file in/out separately, and don't let the second team out/in until the first team is clear. Use some of the marshalls that "protect" the head coaches after the game to patrol the tunnel as well.

Pretty basic actions that UM can take to ensure this doesn't happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Where is common sense in all of this? If there is only one tunnel, then let the teams file in/out separately, and don't let the second team out/in until the first team is clear. Use some of the marshalls that "protect" the head coaches after the game to patrol the tunnel as well.

Pretty basic actions that UM can take to ensure this doesn't happen.

...or why doesn't UM build a 2nd tunnel with all that football money?

On 11/2/2022 at 1:11 PM, NotIThatLives said:

Doesn’t B1G commissioner Warren’s son play at Michigan St? Yeah I doubt any of that happens.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Welp yesterday sure as heck changed the CFP landscape.  'Bama is on the outside looking in.  Clemson got torched in South Bend and with that the ACC appears to be eliminated.  TCU just has to win out.  The door is open for the PAC-12.  

If Oregon wins out then PAC 12 will be between them and USC if USC beats UCLA. 

Oregon beat UCLA and doesn't play USC.  Will be interesting how it plays out

40 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If Oregon wins out then PAC 12 will be between them and USC if USC beats UCLA. 

Oregon beat UCLA and doesn't play USC.  Will be interesting how it plays out

A poster put this up on a different site:

There will be no more than three undefeated teams at the end of the year so the door is open for at least one single-loss team now. I’ve still got 14 teams on my list with a puncher’s chance.

Unbeatens:
1. Georgia (9-0), next @ Mississippi State
2. Ohio State (9-0), next vs. Indiana
3. Michigan (9-0), next vs. Nebraska
4. TCU (9-0), next @ Texas

One-loss teams with a realistic path:
1. Tennessee (8-1), next vs. Missouri
2. Ole Miss (8-1), next vs. Alabama
3. Clemson (8-1), next vs. Louisville
4. Oregon (8-1), next vs. Washington
5. UCLA (8-1), next vs. Arizona
6. USC (8-1), next vs. Colorado

One-loss basketball school that is a giant long shot but included here for the fun of it:
1. North Carolina (8-1), next @ Wake Forest

Two-loss teams that probably ought not to be completely ruled out yet:
1. Alabama (7-2), next @ Ole Miss
2. LSU (7-2), next @ Arkansas
3. Utah (7-2), next vs. Stanford

Removed: Illinois (7-2)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

What a great year this would be to have 8 or 12 teams get in the CFP. 

12- Oregon 

5- Tennessee 

Winner gets TCU

11- Penn St 

6- LSU 

Winner gets Michigan

10- Utah

7- USC 

Winner gets OSU

8- Bama

9- Clemson 

Winner gets UGA 

Lord, that would be a lot of fun.  

If TCU gets beat before the CFP then one could argue that 2 teams is all we need.  tOSU/UM winner vs. Georgia.

7 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

On Tuesday, senior left guard Jaxson Kirkland said what separates Penix is “his preparation and his details. It’s very rare that man makes a mistake when it comes to the X’s and O’s of the offense. As soon as we come out for practice in the morning he’s dialed. He’s already ready to go for the week. It’s never, ‘Dang, I’ll get it right.’ No, he’s already prepared for the practice, and he limits his mistakes and he’s extremely consistent.”

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The Big Ten should got to 14 divisions.  In that scenario, we would have no excuse for not winning ours.  

Edited by 5fouls