NCAAF/National Scene

rico

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Be awesome to schedule that home game at the end of the season…would love to see Bama play in the snow.

It is rare for a SEC school to play north of the Mason-Dixon line to begin with.  It is even rarer for a SEC school to play north of the line past October.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rico said:

It is rare for a SEC school to play north of the Mason-Dixon line to begin with.  It is even rarer for a SEC school to play north of the line past October.

Not sure what Bama gets out of the deal? Minnesota gets to get their school in front of recruits in the south…can’t imagine Bama chasing recruits from the twin cities lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rico said:

2032? Quick...somewhere there has to be a stud QB or player from Minny who is now 8 and in 10 years will want to play in front of the hometown for Bama right? 

This one seems odd. 

• Like 2

Man. I know I'll be watching IU game but that scene in Knoxville tomorrow vs Bama is going to be awesome. Might have to pull out the old 2 TV's tomorrow.

Girl I grew up with married some country singer guy from 80's and they are already there for game. Tailgating on the river. I know Bama is everyone's Super Bowl but I can't remember how long it's been since I've been pulling this hard for the Vols. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Man. I know I'll be watching IU game but that scene in Knoxville tomorrow vs Bama is going to be awesome. Might have to pull out the old 2 TV's tomorrow.

Girl I grew up with married some country singer guy from 80's and they are already there for game. Tailgating on the river. I know Bama is everyone's Super Bowl but I can't remember how long it's been since I've been pulling this hard for the Vols. 

GO Vols!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It flies under the radar for a lot of fans but the 3rd Saturday in October is a big time rivalry game. Alabama and Tennessee have played each other more times than they've played any other SEC team. 

I've been to Neyland stadium once. Me and a friend (big vol fan) and our wives(girlfriends at the time) were on our way to Gatlinburg to go to a wedding so we stopped by in February.  The gates were locked and I just so happened to find a lockpick kit in my pocket. So we got a tour. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

My son has two tickets to the game and one was earmarked for me. Unfortunately I came down with Covid and we had to cancel my wife's hike on the Appalachian Trail as well as me not being able to go to the game.  

• Sad 2

58 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

My son has two tickets to the game and one was earmarked for me. Unfortunately I came down with Covid and we had to cancel my wife's hike on the Appalachian Trail as well as me not being able to go to the game.  

Darn that stinks. Hope you get the all clear soon!

• Like 1