NCAAF/National Scene

rico

47 minutes ago, btownqb said:

comparing schedules and wins. UT has a pretty clear advantage there. 

Beat Bama

Beat LSU on the road .... both of those wins are quite a bit better than any team OSU has beaten, though OSU has won some style points. 

LSU has improved immensely as the players have bought in under Kelley. Not sure how strong they were earlier. Good news is UT and OSU will both have ample opportunities to prove themselves during the regular and post seasons.

Rankings will matter only so two SEC or two B1G schools don't play in the first round of the playoffs.  Personally hope UT blasts UGA this year, and beats Bama again, assuming Bama makes the conference championship. I have an old orange Dukes of Hazard tee shirt I'll wear just for you for the UT/UGA game!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Anybody see the Michigan/Michigan St scuffle in the tunnel after the game?  Looks like police opened an investigation.

My question is, why are one and amI guess now 2 Michigan guys deep down in Michigan's tunnel by themselves with no other Michigan person around?  Run down the opponent's tunnel and flap off you might get beat up.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Auburn is a significant step up. They can't be Bama every year, but they can win National championships. Ole Miss has no recruiting base, and a small population. 

Right here, right now...Ole Miss looks like the one that can win a championship, without Cam Newton.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They've been to 2 NCs and won one... in the past 15 years!! 

True. But they've been pretty inconsistent otherwise since they fired Tommy. 

I say they suck because they annoy me. Constantly firing coaches trying to find their Saban. 

Auburn is to Alabama and Purdue is to Indiana. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

True. But they've been pretty inconsistent otherwise since they fired Tommy. 

I say they suck because they annoy me. Constantly firing coaches trying to find their Saban. 

Auburn is to Alabama and Purdue is to Indiana. 

Oh I agree with that. 

But.. They're still a top 20 program in the country imo. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Auburn is a significant step up. They can't be Bama every year, but they can win National championships. Ole Miss has no recruiting base, and a small population. 

I think we all talked about this in September when things started getting warm at Auburn. No matter what we think of Auburn up here I agree that Auburn is significantly better gig than most give it credit for. #1 reason (besides recruiting)  being is they just don't care about $. Will spend whatever is necessary to try and keep up with the other in state school.

Unless of course Kiffin just had his buddies in the media drop this so he can extort a new contract from Ole Miss.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 8:01 PM, NotIThatLives said:

My question is, why are one and amI guess now 2 Michigan guys deep down in Michigan's tunnel by themselves with no other Michigan person around?  Run down the opponent's tunnel and flap off you might get beat up.  

There isn't always two tunnels at these places.  Idk the makeup of the underside of the Big House, but... its very possible the UM players had to "go past" the MSU lockerroom before making it to their own. 

I do agree with the sentiment "f*** around and find out"... but not to the extend that its 5 on 1, or whatever it was. Two dudes fighting in a hall way? So be it. 5 guys JUMPING someone.. I've got issues with that.