IUBB 22/‘23

29 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's a mockery of the game. Keady was annoying af to watch. I couldn't watch Indiana games if Woodson behaved remotely like that. 

I don't mind it and it actually gives some personality bto the game. Today everything is so sterile and button up in sports today and sports don't have no villains.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't mind it and it actually gives some personality bto the game. Today everything is so sterile and button up in sports today and sports don't have no villains.

But you can have personality and charisma without behaving like a raving lunatic. 

There are more then just these two, but IMO guys like McCaffrey and Izzo act like petulant children on the sideline. It's embarrassing and they really should be ejected from almost every game they coach. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Figured this might get buried in the Iowa post game thread so I'll post it here-

https://www.yahoo.com/news/iowas-connor-mccaffery-iu-basketball-145633003.html

Iowa's Connor McCaffery on IU basketball: 'I don't know if they'd ever seen (a zone) before.'

We hung 89 on them. Their "zone" wasn't why we lost.

We lost because we gave up 91, two starters were out a majority of the game, and Trayce could barely jump in the second half.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

We hung 89 on them. Their "zone" wasn't why we lost.

We lost because we gave up 91, two starters were out a majority of the game, and Trayce could barely jump in the second half.

Yeah, this zone stuff,... completely blow out of proportion. There were possessions we could have been better, almost undoubtedly. And we did stand late. 

But.. we scored 61 points like the last 30 mins of the game.. so while some possessions weren't good, the output was "fine". 

And CM comments are absolutely laughable. Iowa was giving up points at an epic rate when they were in man. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah, this zone stuff,... completely blow out of proportion. There were possessions we could have been better, almost undoubtedly. And we did stand late. 

But.. we scored 61 points like the last 30 mins of the game.. so while some possessions weren't good, the output was "fine". 

And CM comments are absolutely laughable. Iowa was giving up points at an epic rate when they were in man. 

That sad part is that a segment of the fanbase is going to absolutely run with McCaffrey's zone comments as a way to knock Woodson. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, BGleas said:

That sad part is that a segment of the fanbase is going to absolutely run with McCaffrey zone comments as a way to knock Woodson. 

We've already seen that, for sure. Not saying anyone should value my opinion, but idk that CMs is one that I would, either. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Agree, defense was bad and hasn’t been that great all season. 

Even with XJ in the line up it hasn’t been spectacular. I just don’t understand the drop off from last season. Defense should be about effort and being in the right place. Were Phinnisee and Stewart that vital to our success? (Not asking you directly…just thinking out loud)

5 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Even with XJ in the line up it hasn’t been spectacular. I just don’t understand the drop off from last season. Defense should be about effort and being in the right place. Were Phinnisee and Stewart that vital to our success? (Not asking you directly…just thinking out loud)

I think Phinisee was really overrated by many fans, but with that said he was a phenomenal defender, one of the best perimeter defenders in the Big Ten. 

Our lineup, when healthy, when Woodson would have XJ, Phinisee and Galloway in together was a great defensive lineup. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

It's still top 25 on kenpom... I agree, it's not at the level it was last season... but, in your opinion, its like "really bad"? Sorry just trying to get a feel for what you're saying. 

Is it possible the KU game, our offense, gave our D like zero chance in that game? 

Hope my tone is being conveyed decently here. I'm asking. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's still top 25 on kenpom... I agree, it's not at the level it was last season... but, in your opinion, its like "really bad"? Sorry just trying to get a feel for what you're saying. 

Is it possible the KU game, our offense, gave our D like zero chance in that game? 

I think our kenpom is a bit skewed because of the cupcakes in our non-conference schedule. Against Xavier, Arizona and Kansas we gave up 79, 89 and 84. We held UNC to 64, but they couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn and came in tired. 

I’m also not saying it’s really bad. It’s just average. And although our offense has improved, it is just average. Thus, we’re just an average team. Losing Race and XJ doesn’t help this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I think our kenpom is a bit skewed because of the cupcakes in our non-conference schedule. Against Xavier, Arizona and Kansas we gave up 79, 89 and 84. We held UNC to 64, but they couldn’t hit the broad side of the barn and came in tired. 

I’m also not saying it’s really bad. It’s just average. And although our offense has improved, it is just average. Thus, we’re just an average team. Losing Race and XJ doesn’t help this. 

Our defense started to suffer beginning with JHS's injury.  It hasn't been the same since - I really think all the injuries have thrown a wrench into our defensive schemes as well as our rotations.

Every game we seem to have a new player or new set of players unable to play, all the players are having to adjust to different roles, and we haven't had enough stability to get back to the elite d we were playing early in the year.

My supposition is that if we can get some stability in our lineups (even with our injuries), defense will improve as time goes on, but I doubt it's going to go back to what we started the year with until XJ is back at full health (if he gets back).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

We have been trending down.  It was 31 yesterday morning,  30 today.  

I can't remember exactly but early in the season I think we were as low as 8.  Clearly having guys hobbled and sitting out and now out for extended time is screwing us up.  

21 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

We have been trending down.  It was 31 yesterday morning,  30 today.  

I can't remember exactly but early in the season I think we were as low as 8.  Clearly having guys hobbled and sitting out and now out for extended time is screwing us up.  

Yeah we’ve had as bad of injury problems as any team in the country. Our four best players have all missed time - two may be done for the year and two will probably have to deal with their injuries all year.

It is what it is and at this point all we can do is try to figure out how to best adjust, but that certainly has to be weighed in the performance of this team and program. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah we’ve had as bad of injury problems as any team in the country. Our four best players have all missed time - two may be done for the year and two will probably have to deal with their injuries all year.

It is what it is and at this point all we can do is try to figure out how to best adjust, but that certainly has to be weighed in the performance of this team and program. 

Everybody just looks at the games missed due to injuries. What probably hurts worse is that injuries kills you when it comes to practice time. If you don't have your players in practice then it hurts your ability to get better as a team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone know the timeline on what out indefinitely means? IU just released that's where Race is. I know they have to protect him, his privacy, potential overseas options to earn $ next year but man I'd love a little more clarity.

Means no set timeframe for return. Could be 1 game could be he never comes back. 

• Like 2