IUBB 22/‘23

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That guy has been an embarrassment for years. He was on the Indy Star board, Peegs, The SNailpond... He's an idiot and a real loser. Some of the guys that went to IU with him (I think he went for a few semesters and flunked out) had some hilarious stories about what kind of nutjob he is... 

I left Peegs 3 years ago because of guys like that 

3 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Seriously…how is there no T!

Big Ten should suspend Fran 

. Enforcement of the coaches box was as a point of emphasis this season. So much for that

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/basketball/rules/men/May2022PRMBB_AnnualReport.pdf

B10 will more likely suspend Woodson because big 10 is run by fools

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IU247 said:

The play in question 

Posted this in the post game thread, but it fits here too:

I had about 3 hours to sleep on it before getting woken up by a toddler…

Not that I want to win a game because we get a bunch of late techs, but both McCaffrey’s should have had one in the last sequence. Fran obviously got called for one and they rescinded it, but just as bad Connor came to our bench too.

I don’t know that I think Fran should be suspended, but one game wouldn’t break my heart, but Connor definitely should be. At the point he came over coaches were already trying to break things up, and then he ran over to our bench. That should be an easy, no brainer, suspension for a player to leave his bench and go to the other teams bench in that situation.

Instead Woodson will get fined for rightfully saying what it was. 

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I have something I’d like to post about Fran, but it’s classless and tasteless so I will refrain. I will say though, he is a tool who has a punchable face. 

Maybe, but Fran is not the issue in this case.  The problem is that the game officials let his antics go unpunished.  That cant happen in any circumstance.  The officials in this game have to face disciplinary action.

And, let's not lose sight of the fact Fran's actions occurred in the exact same game where a player was given a T for tossing the ball to an official.  

The refs have no defense in how all of this played out.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe, but Fran is not the issue in this case.  The problem is that the game officials let his antics go unpunished.  That cant happen in any circumstance.  The officials in this game have to face disciplinary action.

And, let's not lose sight of the fact Fran's actions occurred in the exact same game where a player was given a T for tossing the ball to an official.  

The refs have no defense in how all of this played out.

And there's NO doubt after Fran's T that the officials were intimidated...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Posted this in the post game thread, but it fits here too:

I had about 3 hours to sleep on it before getting woken up by a toddler…

Not that I want to win a game because we get a bunch of late techs, but both McCaffrey’s should have had one in the last sequence. Fran obviously got called for one and they rescinded it, but just as bad Connor came to our bench too.

I don’t know that I think Fran should be suspended, but one game wouldn’t break my heart, but Connor definitely should be. At the point he came over coaches were already trying to break things up, and then he ran over to our bench. That should be an easy, no brainer, suspension for a player to leave his bench and go to the other teams bench in that situation.

Instead Woodson will get fined for rightfully saying what it was. 

To quote everyone’s favorite:

”If that’s not a foul, why have a rule book”

-Bill Walton 

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Looks like a double t.  Conner clearly should have gotten one 2.  The refs blew this sequence.   

Had it been called correctly,  we do likely win but I still have a nasty taste in my mouth.  

Why ? 
adult men couldn’t control themselves and follow simple rules? 
I would have laughed as IU flushed the Hawkeyes 🚽season 💩

15 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I don't think we want to hear.  His emotional reaction once the trainers had assessed him pretty much confirmed our worst fears.  Best we can hope for is a sprain.  

I agree. His reaction said it all.

Plus it didn’t look like Garl could straighten the leg, which is not a good sign at all. 

I get that Fran is an idiot but his behavior on the sideline isn't unusual to me. Well when I was growing up this was pretty normal decorum by the coaches in college basketball. In the Big Ten alone you had 4 guys who acted like this in worse RMK, Keady, Heathcoat and Henson 

Edited by IU Scott

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I get that Fran is an idiot but his behavior on the sideline isn't unusual to me. Well when I was growing up this was pretty normal decorum by the coaches in college basketball. In the Big Ten alone you had 4 guys who acted like this in worse RMK, Keady, Heathcoat and Henson 

It's a mockery of the game. Keady was annoying af to watch. I couldn't watch Indiana games if Woodson behaved remotely like that. 

• Like 2