IUBB 22/‘23

4 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I like that attitude too. But please stay off of social media….. and don’t engage with fans / act tough like he’s going to kick somebody’s rear end. Because that is not leadership or maturity. 

Sometimes it's hard to remember that old college basketball players like Miller Kopp are still very young men...

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ledies22 said:

its only going to get worse. Social media is a part of this generation. This is how they build their following and brands. MK specifically has a Primal brand. He is not going to stay off social media. Some of the things he says, i agree, dont need to be said. But in the same breath for how crazy the fans were during that skid, you cant expect nothing in retaliation. They aren't puppets or robots and you cant tell them to just shut up and play the game for your entertainment. 

Being on social media platforms and interacting with fans don’t have to coincide. Not disagreeing that some fans are clowns, but a mature leader ignores that part of social media. Can’t go around fighting everybody in life that disagrees with you or criticizes you. Ignore that garbage and go about your business of proving them wrong. Don’t let anybody know they are in your head. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Dawg Bawls said:

Can you imagine... nothing we watched in school or even read would fly now...

I remember watching Romeo and Juliet from the 70s in junior high. There's a scene where they showed boobs. This kid Ryan ran up to the VCR and rewound the video back to the boobs. No way they're showing boobs today. I guess they wouldn't use a VCR either.

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I remember watching Romeo and Juliet from the 70s in junior high. There's a scene where they showed boobs. This kid Ryan ran up to the VCR and rewound the video back to the boobs. No way they're showing boobs today. I guess they wouldn't use a VCR either.

Which revision of Romeo and Juliet was that? I don't think I've seen that one, and I am (now) a R & J groupie. I gotta see them ALL.

14 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Just looked it up. It was the 1968 version not the 70s. Trust me...7th grade me remembers boobs.

Well I'll be darn'd.

And with 2023 you tube, I only had to wait 3 seconds to see them...See it. Good call!

It also that it was trending right now for the first time in 30 years. :)

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I don't believe we go through a five game losing streak in February like we did last year.

I agree. But also to that point, two years in a row we hit a rough patch and the team and coaches righted the ship.

Of course we all want to get to a point where we don’t have this losing streaks, but it is an improvement to see our teams ability to right the ship. We never saw that under Archie and typically under Crean that would be the beginning of the end (2012 and 2016 notable exceptions). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Its seems there were more boobs back then anyways... Porkys..etc 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t think it’s always college kids, unfortunately. 

It’s not obviously. Point being is…  They are predominately college kids arguing on social media. Something most of us dont/haven’t experienced, let alone when we were at that stage in life. I for one am glad social media wasn’t as prevalent when I was in college. 

We here are predominantly grown adults. Yet with most of us being adults there are still childish fights on here.