Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

6 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Idk Mizzou is looking surprisingly impressive…

66-36 with 15:45 left

Check the schedule. Elon would be an upgrade.....doesn't matter much either way. Between Mayer asking about the relationship between players and staff last week and now this? Players transfer each year. Not a solid operation.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Check the schedule. Elon would be an upgrade.....doesn't matter much either way. Between Mayer asking about the relationship between players and staff last week and now this? Players transfer each year. Not a solid operation.

Yeah I’m aware they’ve played a bunch of nobodies. Regardless, they’re beating down on a decent Big Ten team right now. Agree completely on Illinois though, they need to get it figured out over there before their season spirals out of control.

9 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Holy cow. I just read up on Mayers comments. Shannon had some stuff to say too. Wow. Mayer sounded awful. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Holy cow. I just read up on Mayers comments. Shannon had some stuff to say too. Wow. Mayer sounded awful. 

Yep. I don't recall a player in early December questioning his college coach in public like that. I know it's probably happened but just don't remember it. 

In terms of their team. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of communication, schemes are easy for opponents to break down, and they've fallen in love with just jacking up shots all day. We'll see if it's fixable. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. I don't recall a player in early December questioning his college coach in public like that. I know it's probably happened but just don't remember it. 

In terms of their team. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of communication, schemes are easy for opponents to break down, and they've fallen in love with just jacking up shots all day. We'll see if it's fixable. 

One of the first rules of leadership... Praise publicly, condemn privately...

I'm quite sure Mike Woodson gets into a player or two every day... Hell, he even says he gets on guys... But I'd be shocked if he ever went into the arm flinging, raspberry giving tirade Underwood did after Penn State...

I know RMK did it occasionally ("Alford had a good game last week and apparently that's all he was interested in") but that was a different time, and he only did it to guys he knew it would motivate...

The Whinin' Illini better get it figured out fast, easiest Big 10 schedule or not... @ Northwestern vs Wisconsin and @ Nebraska better be at least 2-1... They're 0-2 in the Big 10 now... After that the schedule gets a tad rougher... 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

From a dude thats been there 6.months. 

• Like 2