Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

11 hours ago, loviubb said:

YA think!! 45-17 AT MARYLAND! And some posters think IU stinks at a loss to ARIZONA!!  LEARN IN NOV. & DEC. Will bring wins in MAR. !

The last 20 years (give or take a couple) at IU does not match up with what you're saying here.  Being terrible in Nov and Dec could mean you're terrible in March lol.  Some teams are just bad. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I guess the announcer doing the UW game must be new to the big ten. With 7 minutes to go in the game the announcer said how surprised he is that Leigh hasn't shot a free throw even with how much they have scored in the paint.  If he had been around that is normal playing at UW.

I think the color analyst is Brian Butch, and if anybody knows Wisconsin, he does... 

• Haha 1

For anyone who missed this from Jeff Borzello at ESPN:

Illinois beat Alabama A&M by 21 Saturday: Matthew Mayer had 21 points, Terrence Shannon Jr. went for 18. Nothing to see here, right? Well, not exactly. After the game, Mayer said the team has "a lot to figure out internally between the players and coaches" and that he's "just upset." Shannon added, "It's just something we got to figure out as a team. Once we figure it out, we'll be ready to talk about it." It would have raised eyebrows regardless of when those quotes were said, but coming after a 21-point win is certainly something to note.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

For anyone who missed this from Jeff Borzello at ESPN:

Illinois beat Alabama A&M by 21 Saturday: Matthew Mayer had 21 points, Terrence Shannon Jr. went for 18. Nothing to see here, right? Well, not exactly. After the game, Mayer said the team has "a lot to figure out internally between the players and coaches" and that he's "just upset." Shannon added, "It's just something we got to figure out as a team. Once we figure it out, we'll be ready to talk about it." It would have raised eyebrows regardless of when those quotes were said, but coming after a 21-point win is certainly something to note.

Mayer's an interesting dude. He decided that the secret to his success is fasting before games. Found out by accident when he was running late to practice and didn't have time to eat. He's also discovered he's allergic to wheat, eggs and dairy. Plus he has some injuries that he discusses with the trainers but not the coaches.

It's December, so there's always some drama in C-U. 🤣 Matt is picking up the slack since Curbelo has moved on....

3 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Yeah, that's why I pasted the IU part. The only other team he rated as panic-worthy was your favorites in Lexington. 🤣

Brought this over from the other thread because, well, we don't have a turd box to talk Purdue and Illinois, and I didn't want to sully a good IU thread...

I'd personally say that 1-1 in the Big 10 and no drama is better 0-2 and a soap opera... Especially considering the ass-kicking you took at home vs a perceived middle of the pack team... No?