IU football program going forward.

IU Scott

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

When my daughter was a freshman 2026-17 she wanted basketball season tickets but you couldn't get basketball only tickets.  You also had to get football tickets as well.  You could get football only season tickets but not bady

Yeah, I recall this from back in the day. I wasn't aware of the point system. 

4 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Jordan Shaw seems to be the next one who will commit, although he's an actual recruit: 
https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Shaw-46110141/

Edited by OGIUAndy

FYI, I just recently emailed Dolson about bringing back natural grass. When you think about all the non contact, ACL type injuries IU has endured the past few years, they really, really, really need to take a hard look at bringing back grass. I know it's all about money, but the players deserve a safer field. Without some of these recent injuries, we might be talking another 4-5 wins. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

FYI, I just recently emailed Dolson about bringing back natural grass. When you think about all the non contact, ACL type injuries IU has endured the past few years, they really, really, really need to take a hard look at bringing back grass. I know it's all about money, but the players deserve a safer field. Without some of these recent injuries, we might be talking another 4-5 wins. 

Last night Kyler Murray tore is ACL on a non contact injury on grass.

2 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

There is some merit to this. Looks like lower body injuries are higher risk on turf. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35593739/

• Like 1

Just now, iuthruandthru said:

Good to see IU beating OSU and Georgia on a top 25 list 😆 

Most absurd list I've ever seen. Zero chance TA should be on that list. And putting Saban on the swagger side is FUNNY. Same thing with Franklin and Harbaugh. Harbaugh+Saban have to be the least swaggy ppl on earth lol 

Funny stuff. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I never said it only happens on turf, but I would say it's definitely more of an issue on turf. If not grass, then better turf. Did the Cardinals lose their last two leading receivers AND two QBs? 

Didn't Camper get hurt in practice? 

I personally have zero issue with turf. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Most absurd list I've ever seen. Zero chance TA should be on that list. And putting Saban on the swagger side is FUNNY. Same thing with Franklin and Harbaugh. Harbaugh+Saban have to be the least swaggy ppl on earth lol 

Funny stuff. 

By my definition of swagger, Harbaugh and Saban have it.  I think Franklin does too but not to the extent of the other two.  TA has very little if any.  

a very confident and typically arrogant or aggressive gait or manner:

1 minute ago, rico said:

By my definition of swagger, Harbaugh and Saban have it.  I think Franklin does too but not to the extent of the other two.  TA has very little if any.  

a very confident and typically arrogant or aggressive gait or manner:

Nick Saban, Jim Harbaugh, and Franklin wear khakis to coach football. They should not be in the top 25 of the "most swagger"... it's a lazy list. Jim Harbaugh wears a crew neck sweatshirt, has a dip in, wears a goofy hat.. and doesn't let his players listen to rap music. Zero and I mean ZERO swagger from that man. Good football coach though. 

College football: Jim Harbaugh fined for criticizing officials; Tommy  Tuberville resigns - Los Angeles Times

image.jpeg.c84b8699642909c009db0eea644e98c5.jpeg    These two wear the exact same outfit. Neither have swag. 

Swagger is Deion. Lane Kiffin, Lincoln Riley. Heck-- Marcus Freeman has swagger and I hate ND. They have PJ Fleck below Saban, Harbaugh... I mean, cmon. Campbell from Iowa St not being on the list is just an abomination. 

If the definition of swagger is coaching at one of the blueblood school, they should have just said that. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Didn't Camper get hurt in practice? 

I personally have zero issue with turf. 

NFL players would disagree. And if they aren't going to pivot to grass, are they getting the most up-to-date turf? If I am a mobile QB and I have a choice to play on turf, where two "running" QBs blew out their legs, or grass, I might consider grass. Even if the stats don't back it up (there are a lot of conflicting reports depending on the source) players (NFL) are pretty out spoken, they prefer grass.

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

NFL players would disagree. And if they aren't going to pivot to grass, are they getting the most up-to-date turf? If I am a mobile QB and I have a choice to play on turf, where two "running" QBs blew out their legs, or grass, I might consider grass. Even if the stats don't back it up (there are a lot of conflicting reports depending on the source) players (NFL) are pretty out spoken, they prefer grass.

Maybe the injuries on turf are due to improper maintenance of the field, just a suggestion. I know for a fact, our HS softball infield is all turf and if you don't regularly/properly "brush" it, the tiny rubber chips will get spread out and playing areas will become thin not as soft. The pitching mound and the batter's box are the worst. Those black rubber pieces get pushed around so much from cleats that they often pile up, leaving areas looking bare if it's not taken care of. JMO...

Edited by Artesian_86

8 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Maybe the injuries on on turf are due to improper maintenance of the field, just a suggestion. I know for a fact, our HS softball infield is all turf and if you don't regularly/properly "brush" it, the tiny rubber chips will get spread out and playing areas will become thin not as soft. The pitching mound and the batter's box are the worst. Those black rubber pieces get pushed around so much from cleats that they often pile up, leaving areas looking bare if it's not taken care of. JMO...

I know the NFLPA is arguing against turf based on their reports, but the NFL reports suggest there is no significant difference. Once again a bias seemingly based on who's reports you go by.  But most reports suggest more non contact lower leg injuries on turf than grass. NFL players main gripe is the every day joint wear and tear.  I think most players and coaches rather play on grass. It's really all about $.

Edited by OGIUAndy