IU football program going forward.

IU Scott

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Apparently, IU is revoking season ticket holders. Zane is a local guy and is one of the announcers for USI, so he is pretty trustworthy 

I’m not mad about that. Our seats are right behind the visitors sideline. We are always surrounded by the other team’s fans so the selling is a big problem. It seems like it’s always the same seats, too. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I’m not mad about that. Our seats are right behind the visitors sideline. We are always surrounded by the other team’s fans so the selling is a big problem. It seems like it’s always the same seats, too. 

If you're buying season tickets with the intent on reselling them for profit, you deserve to get them revoked. As an alumnus who tries to go to both BB and FB games at least once a year, it's tiresome to have to spend $200 for BB tix and $100+ for FB. It used to be season ticket holders would sell them at a reasonable price on IU forums or what have you, now like any ticket purchase, you end up spending double face plus fees. There's no way to stop this, but if that is the intent of a season ticket holder, that's just lame. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

There are over 100 football players on a team... it's impossible to believe every interaction will result in all parties being happy. 

Agreed completely that’s why I said it’s balanced on both sides.  I think your example and my example are totally a small sample on both ends of spectrum that’s hopefully middle of both at worst and your example at best.

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

And polling parents isn't really the best or most useful way to guage things regardless of whether their feedback is positive or negative. 

I dont care who the coach is or how successful they are, you can always find players/parents that hate them. 

Unfortunately my examples are not polling, they are documented example with receipts.

Just now, iuthruandthru said:

Unfortunately my examples are not polling, they are documented example with receipts.

My point is, you can probably find just as many former players and their parents with the opposite receipts. 

That's the nature of coaching. I hated my college coach, but I could find you 20 guys that love him. I loved my high school coach, but I could find 20 guys that hate him. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

My point is, you can probably find just as many former players and their parents with the opposite receipts. 

That's the nature of coaching. I hated my college coach, but I could find you 20 guys that love him. I loved my high school coach, but I could find 20 guys that hate him. 

Agreed, as someone that has coached I have seen it as well.  Also things change and you can’t always hold up to what you once promise.  But that to me is the issue, don’t promise anything.  And definitely don’t put it in writing.

48 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Agreed, as someone that has coached I have seen it as well.  Also things change and you can’t always hold up to what you once promise.  But that to me is the issue, don’t promise anything.  And definitely don’t put it in writing.

I would love to know what you mean by "put it in writing..." So CTA is giving players and/or parents stuff in writing? Like "You will play..." That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard regardless if it's about playing time or anything else. Sounds like something you would do to a child like "I promise to clean my room and take out the garbage..." 

39 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I would love to know what you mean by "put it in writing..." So CTA is giving players and/or parents stuff in writing? Like "You will play..." That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard regardless if it's about playing time or anything else. Sounds like something you would do to a child like "I promise to clean my room and take out the garbage..." 

Fair perspective, and to your point it’s not official like paper.  Maybe people shouldn’t take digital messaging at its word just like maybe I should let it go before happy hour gets me saying even more than I should.  Gonna leave it here.

50 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Fair perspective, and to your point it’s not official like paper.  Maybe people shouldn’t take digital messaging at its word just like maybe I should let it go before happy hour gets me saying even more than I should.  Gonna leave it here.

I wasn’t questioning your comment, more like if he’s really making nutty promises about immediate playing time to freshmen, that’s a problem. 90% of freshmen FB players aren’t ready to contribute immediately, especially most of our recruits. 

8 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

This is zero deal.  It says they have identified accounts who's sole intent is resale.  

Literally not even tweetable worthy news.  A guy trying to get clicks and create false hysteria.   

Correct me if I'm wrong.  

Also, this is done by others, including pro teams.  I assume their marketing people crunched the numbers and they are comfortable with the outcome.  Teams don’t want rival fans storming their stadium.  With digital ticket tracking, teams can find this info out.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

This is a good thing in regards to his faith, but not so good if this also relates to his coaching. What he's preaching there doesn't seemed to be in practice (enough) and if it is, he's preaching the wrong message. I think we all know he's a good person and a god fearing man, most are skeptical of his ability to coach at this level, develop players (not the person, the player), and make adjustments both on and off the field (and quickly). I am not a CTA basher, but at this level, being a good person only goes so far. You have to win too. I do credit him for the two good seasons, all seasons and games have "fluky" stuff. But I also will blame him for some poor performances regardless of the limitations within the program. They lost a few games this year that they should not have. Win those and we're not talking about him AT ALL. 

I think Tom is a classic example of the Peter Principle: promoted 1 step past his level of competence. Not really his fault, was he supposed to have told Glass no ? 

Then: He inherits a good OL, hires a great OC, gets a QB, and boom, big extension. Crazy story. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

I think Tom is a classic example of the Peter Principle: promoted 1 step past his level of competence. Not really his fault, was he supposed to have told Glass no ? 

Then: He inherits a good OL, hires a great OC, gets a QB, and boom, big extension. Crazy story. 

Sorry but I think he is a hop, skip and a jump from his competence level. To me he is more qualified to be a cheerleading coach. Hopefully after we go winless next year a change will be made. 

• Confused 1

On 12/9/2022 at 4:17 PM, OGIUAndy said:

If you're buying season tickets with the intent on reselling them for profit, you deserve to get them revoked. As an alumnus who tries to go to both BB and FB games at least once a year, it's tiresome to have to spend $200 for BB tix and $100+ for FB. It used to be season ticket holders would sell them at a reasonable price on IU forums or what have you, now like any ticket purchase, you end up spending double face plus fees. There's no way to stop this, but if that is the intent of a season ticket holder, that's just lame. 

It's barely worth your time to resell IU tickets to most games.

I originally bought season tickets to accrue points, which an IU employee sold me on doing. I live in Chicago and don't have a car and can't go to most games. The first year, I sold the tickets to make some of my money back (definitely did not come close to turning a profit).

Now I have tickets with my uncle and just give them to him when I can't go, and I honestly don't care because you make so little money selling the tickets.

Kind of seems like a beggars can't be choosers situation to me. You should be happy anyone is willing to buy them to watch this awful product.

Edited by HoosierX
  • Like 1

Accrue points fo

2 hours ago, HoosierX said:

It's barely worth your time to resell IU tickets to most games.

I originally bought season tickets to accrue points, which an IU employee sold me on doing. I live in Chicago and don't have a car and can't go to most games. The first year, I sold the tickets to make some of my money back (definitely did not come close to turning a profit).

Now I have tickets with my uncle and just give them to him when I can't go, and I honestly don't care because you make so little money selling the tickets.

Kind of seems like a beggars can't be choosers situation to me. You should be happy anyone is willing to buy them to watch this awful product.

Accrue points for what?