IU football program going forward.

IU Scott

Has anyone noticed the World cup turf?  Google it and read on it.  Pretty sciency stuff.  Gobs of money.  It's a mixture of real and synthetic.   The company does turf for NFL, MLB, and PGA(the world cup turf is exclusive for now).  But I don't recall seeing any soccer players being carted off for acl, mcl stuff and there is a lot of running, planting, turning going on.  

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Has anyone noticed the World cup turf?  Google it and read on it.  Pretty sciency stuff.  Gobs of money.  It's a mixture of real and synthetic.   The company does turf for NFL, MLB, and PGA(the world cup turf is exclusive for now).  But I don't recall seeing any soccer players being carted off for acl, mcl stuff and there is a lot of running, planting, turning going on.  

Soccer players are like professional wrestlers, they are trained to take a fall and fake being injured without actually getting injured.  It’s a fine art.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Soccer players are like professional wrestlers, they are trained to take a fall and fake being injured without actually getting injured.  It’s a fine art.

Oh no doubt.  I'm talking literally injuries.  I read through a few sites on injuries during the world cup.  Hard to find a list isolated to injuries sustained during world cup play.  I did find a few lists of important players injured and there was actually quite a few listed with acl.   Obviously me watching less than half the games doesn't count as conclusive by any means but this new and improved turf they are playing on there may be the future of fields?  I don't know.  I would venture to say, there is a lot of money and research going into this stuff.  

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Just now seeing these two posts. IMO the OL could be taking a pretty sizable step this off season. 

Screenshot_20221215-163953_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20221215-164047_Twitter.jpg

To be honest, my biggest concern is defense. I think you're right, o-line will be much improved, as it was by the end of the year. Glad he's coming back. We need some good news. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, btownqb said:

Just now seeing these two posts. IMO the OL could be taking a pretty sizable step this off season. 

Screenshot_20221215-163953_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20221215-164047_Twitter.jpg

Was that based on the Illinois game or the previous season?

And he only played in the first half before shutting it down.  

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-offensive-tackle-matthew-bedford-out-for-the-season-with-torn-acl/

Edited by NotIThatLives

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

That was a big blow, most of us had forgotten.   

I don't mean to be arrogant, but I didn't forget it. I knew at the time how massive it was. The OL at their absolute best was average BEFORE he got hurt... and he was hands down our best/most experienced player. 

Camper, Bedford, Jones, and Matthews were all injured for significant time this year and it's probable those were our 4 best overall players. Food for thought. 

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't mean to be arrogant, but I didn't forget it. I knew at the time how massive it was. The OL at their absolute best was average BEFORE he got hurt... and he was hands down our best/most experienced player. 

Camper, Bedford, Jones, and Matthews were all injured for significant time this year and it's probable those were our 4 best overall players. Food for thought. 

Here I go, getting my hopes up again for IU football.   But clearly our 2 best wrs down made any qb job a hell of a lot harder.  

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Here I go, getting my hopes up again for IU football.   But clearly our 2 best wrs down made any qb job a hell of a lot harder.  

Yes 100% 

Camper was a big time difference maker, man. Our staff did a good job of identifying him. He also might have 2 years of eligibility left. 

Edited by btownqb

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

It's very confusing how many of our fans don't understand what LEO truly means. Surface level for some, which is fine. 

LEO....It's Coach Allen's blueprint, what he embodies and quite frankly the platform to a player's buy-in. Like it or not, some players get it, become it and others just don't and never will. 

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

According to a poster on another site, besides Emory Jones, these are the other visitors this weekend:

Carson Steele - RB
Jamier Johnson - CB
Jamison Kelly - S
Derrick Bohler - WR
Owen Olsen - TE
Max Longman - OL
Phillip Bildi - DL
Andre Carter - DL

I looked them up

Steele, we know him

Johnson, CB transfer from Texas Longhorns; 90 score recruit coming out of high school, class of ‘21

Jamison Kelly, juco safety, formerly LA tech, 6’1 205

Derrick Bohler, high school receiver from Miami, 85 score on 247

Owen Olsen, juco TE

Max Longman, grad transfer from UMass, offensive line (Bell knows him)

Philip Blidi, 295 lb Defensive tackle transfer from Texas Tech; NC State and WVU also interested; two years of eligibility 

Andre Carter, transfer from Western Michigan DE; Auburn also interested; one year of eligibility; he was dominant last year

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2