Transfer Portal

DC2345

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It’s still real money and IU is a public university 

I’ll just say people should really stop considering IU a public university.  Donors pay the salaries and buyouts, not IU.  Plus the  university barely gets any funding from the state nowadays.  It may be on state land and started as fully state funded but state funded universities don’t exist anymore.

12 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I’ll just say people should really stop considering IU a public university.  Donors pay the salaries and buyouts, not IU.  Plus the  university barely gets any funding from the state nowadays.  It may be on state land and started as fully state funded but state funded universities don’t exist anymore.

I get that, but unlike schools like ND, USC, Duke etc, everything is public record 

As a Kelley grad I would love to see a true cost benefit analysis of how bad keeping Allen around could hurt this program.  Take his salary and review the cost to buy him out vs the cost to keeping him (transfers, stalled recruiting, impact on attendance, etc…).  Is CTA leaving at this point, no.  But I would have preferred a true review of if keeping more detrimental in the long run.  The BIG is about to bring in the most money of any conference, two more high caliber teams about to join.  This is a critical time for IU football to get it right, not sink into depths below mediocrity.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Not sure I understand why this matters.  Lots of things are hidden in particular when it comes to athletics.  The contracts no, but who donates to help pay for them and buyouts, that’s not easy to find.  

It doesn’t matter so much if it’s donor money, but are there donors willing to fork over that money for football? OTOH, if it’s paid out of operations when the university is still cutting the budget due to COVID impact, that’s not politically acceptable. 

4 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It doesn’t matter so much if it’s donor money, but are there donors willing to fork over that money for football? OTOH, if it’s paid out of operations when the university is still cutting the budget due to COVID impact, that’s not politically acceptable. 

Agreed but the thing is it never would be.  The only way he gets bought out is donors.  Donors pay his contract and donors would have to buy it out and then pay the next coach.  The smallest of portion is actually paid by the university directly and I believe the donor would pay for that as well long term on a buyout.

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Guess I should have another transfer on the hour.....not good gang. 

It’s not gonna stop from what I was told.  We should not underestimate how much Allen and the staff lost a good chunk of the players this year.  Keeping Bell around isn’t gonna help the situation.  But even with him staying there are a lot of players that frankly don’t trust CTA anymore.  Honestly, maybe that’s the best for Allen over the next couple years.  Bring in transfers that haven’t lost faith in him as a coach and as a person.

Edited by iuthruandthru
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Agreed but the thing is it never would be.  The only way he gets bought out is donors.  Donors pay his contract and donors would have to buy it out and then pay the next coach.  The smallest of portion is actually paid by the university directly and I believe the donor would pay for that as well long term on a buyout.

This off season dictates if they really care about football

• Like 1