Transfer Portal

DC2345

17 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Has tayven even entered portal?

I don't think schools are allowed to talk to players before entering.  Unless we are just using trayce to figure out his interest

No. They also said that the player hadn't entered the portal. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What was said exactly? or what was said in general? 

That we may hear very good news at QB regarding a former top 200 recruit who isn't currently in the portal.

I saw some others saying that he removed Tennessee from his bio on Twitter. Definitely some smoke.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KDB said:

Even if we were to get him, I hope we add another QB as well. We need an experienced guy on the roster.

That said, I don't know if I can see him leaving Tennessee for IU unless he is the starter.. Guess we'll find out.

He isn't a perfect fit for us. But if he wants the job, can't fault him for that. 

40 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Has tayven even entered portal?

I don't think schools are allowed to talk to players before entering.  Unless we are just using trayce to figure out his interest

There are ways around that. Sam Hartman was going to Notre Dame before he entered the portal and there were zero violations in that situation. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He isn't a perfect fit for us. But if he wants the job, can't fault him for that. 

He's definitely got some speed though. Don't you root for UT football also?

I would be pretty ecstatic if we got him.. is the QB room over there loaded?

4 minutes ago, KDB said:

He's definitely got some speed though. Don't you root for UT football also?

I would be pretty ecstatic if we got him.. is the QB room over there loaded?

Yes to the bold. 

I just saw Mike Wright this morning and I was really excited. I should be excited either way, you're right. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yes to the bold. 

I just saw Mike Wright this morning and I was really excited. I should be excited either way, you're right. 

So Mike Wright is visiting now?

That would be a nice get.

I wonder if there is any chance we would get both Wright and Tayven.  With Dexter's injury, we should probably be looking for 2 additions but I'm guessing both would want a clear shot to starting spot.

3 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I wonder if there is any chance we would get both Wright and Tayven.  With Dexter's injury, we should probably be looking for 2 additions but I'm guessing both would want a clear shot to starting spot.

I have no idea if Mike Wright is visiting. I agree we should want 2, but... is that realistic? I mean, we are having a pretty difficult time finding one. 

7 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

The window for visiting and getting enrolled is closing in order to participate in the spring. Guys are just going to have to make a decision or wait until summer. 

• Like 1