Transfer Portal

DC2345

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Is there a y OL transfer that visited. Hopefully the new OL coach can get the younger guys better

They haven’t been linked to any. I’m guessing the new OL coach likes what’s there and thinks it just needs some coaching… or else we’d have heard some whispers about IU chasing some guys.

16 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

They haven’t been linked to any. I’m guessing the new OL coach likes what’s there and thinks it just needs some coaching… or else we’d have heard some whispers about IU chasing some guys.

I've always wondered how much of a units struggles were related to scheme and or coaching. It's hard to imagine that at this level the coaching could be the problem. But someone thought the guys we have were good enough, so I guess I just don't know why our ol has been so ineffective.

6 hours ago, btownqb said:

I don't think the OL lacks talent, truthfully. 

I think its give a shit more than anything. I picked up 3 O linemen and took them to Bluebirds last night. I ask them what they thought of the transfers. One guy spoke up and said its the off season i dont pay any attention to that, did we sign someone, he asked.. I told him i could tell he pays no attention to football in the offseason because I thought he was a WR not a Big Ten guard. Then they asked me if we signed a QB yet. I laughed and said i'm not on the team but if I were I would know. The one kid was the one bragging about the tutors writing his papers for him earlier in the season. I think there is a big culture problem at least in the O-line room, if not the whole program.

• Sad 1

Penix cameback to early an with our offensive line struggled. So I hope Dexter can comeback by the start of the season ,but want him to be healthy and really ready.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed we find a QB that can hold us together this coming season.heard several names being mentioned but no signees at QB yet. 

Gotta admit, I’m starting to come around a bit on the transfers… still have major question marks, QB and O-Line especially… but we’ve added some guys I think can really help on the front 7 and skill positions. 

can Chance Nolan, assuming he comes here, play high level Big Ten football? Not convinced on that but he’ll have weapons. Work will be cut out for us on the O-Line. 

16 hours ago, Indykev said:

I think its give a shit more than anything. I picked up 3 O linemen and took them to Bluebirds last night. I ask them what they thought of the transfers. One guy spoke up and said its the off season i dont pay any attention to that, did we sign someone, he asked.. I told him i could tell he pays no attention to football in the offseason because I thought he was a WR not a Big Ten guard. Then they asked me if we signed a QB yet. I laughed and said i'm not on the team but if I were I would know. The one kid was the one bragging about the tutors writing his papers for him earlier in the season. I think there is a big culture problem at least in the O-line room, if not the whole program.

This story doesn't really fit here but whatever - when I was in school (1996 or so) I ran into Jay Rodgers and Chris Gall in front of Kilroy's one night and we were drunk bros for a minute. It was pretty cool. I was wearing my Bears hat and they loved it. Then later Gall got drafted by the Packers.

Anyways thus ends my random story. :coffee:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

This story doesn't really fit here but whatever - when I was in school (1996 or so) I ran into Jay Rodgers and Chris Gall in front of Kilroy's one night and we were drunk bros for a minute. It was pretty cool. I was wearing my Bears hat and they loved it. Then later Gall got drafted by the Packers.

Anyways thus ends my random story. :coffee:

The point of the story isnt where I took them. Its 3 O-Line that came off as if they could careless whats going on in the program.

19 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

So has DL Philip Blidi from Texas Tech.

Philip Blidi is a great guy. He's married with a daughter. Really a quality locker room guy and he plays really hard.

We had two super seniors at NT and DT decide to return next year so Phil wasn't going to be a primary rotation guy. He's good enough to start elsewhere. He's going to be a leader there. 

• Thanks 4

43 minutes ago, foxraider said:

Philip Blidi is a great guy. He's married with a daughter. Really a quality locker room guy and he plays really hard.

We had two super seniors at NT and DT decide to return next year so Phil wasn't going to be a primary rotation guy. He's good enough to start elsewhere. He's going to be a leader there. 

Nice. Plus he has two years for us. Thanks for the info. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just saw that after all these transfers IU's recruiting class is up to 28th nationally. Pretty remarkable all things considered. Playing time and NIL man. What a recruiting world the NCAA has created. 

I didn’t see that coming at all. Even with the transfers. 

Now start turning over rocks for a QB, that’d be great. 

• Like 1