Transfer Portal

DC2345

46 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Pulled back one of our own.  Josh Sanguinetti withdrew from the portal. I really wouldn’t be surprised if some one else comes back with so many players in the portal and the clock ticking. 

Smart. I mentioned on BTBers he was dumb in the first place. 

No harm, no foul. He is solid. 

21 hours ago, Indykev said:

WR at Ohio St. said 10 schools contacted him about transferring. Kid isn't in the portal and loves OSU. NCAA needs to get on this now. 2 year ban from the portal or taking any transfers would be a start. Just a damn free for all.

I couldn’t agree more.  It’s pathetic.   I have been as big of a critic of the NCAA that there is on this board but they are an absolute joke and embarrassment.  

I am convinced we could put ten of us from this board in a conference room, and in a day hammer out an outline of a plan.   

• Like 2

On 12/29/2022 at 10:31 AM, Indykev said:

Time is ticking away with the new semester starting on Jan.16th. Most transfers need to be here by then.

The semester actually starts January 9th.  But you could transfer in up until the 16th and not miss a beat on classes, after that don’t think it would happen.  So your date is likely still the end all be all just not the official start date.

• Like 1

https://247sports.com/college/ucla/Article/UCLA-Football-UCLA-Gets-a-Commitment-From-One-of-the-Best-Transfer-RBs-in-Portal-201949329/

If you're looking at UCLA, you most likely you want to go to LA. Good times out there for sure. Can't knock a dude for wanting to play in California versus West Lafayette. Like many have mentioned, doesn't seem like IU was really a consideration. 

• Like 1

I like Steele a lot and wish we had gotten him. He has tremendous vision and good power.  Not every back needs to run a 4.3.  Good for him going to UCLA.  

I haven’t studied the situation but they are losing Charbonnet to the draft so maybe they sold Steele on sliding into that role which is leading Charbonnet into being a decent draft pick.  I’ve heard second or third round. 

Edited by BobSaccamanno