Transfer Portal

DC2345

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Tom Brew DMed me on Twitter and told me 100% Lane Kiffin was going to Auburn and that I shouldn't question the ethics of the reporter that broke the story... 

yeah I didn’t think it was 100% true but I’m sure there’s some truth in it. Also people seem to be skipping over the fact in the article stating that the NIL deal was the top priority for him. There were a lot of actual football concerns he had with staying here…

51 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

QB Emory Jones is visiting IU this weekend

2-8 last year as a starter at AZ St. One of the wins was an upset over WA. Jones was injured in the 2nd qtr and the backup led them to the win. So his only win was over FCS N. AZ. He was 6-7 as a starter at FL the prior year, with 2 SEC wins. In their bowl loss to UCF, he was 14-36 passing, but ran for 62 yards. He's a capable runner. 

Called into action after Emory Jones was injured, Bourguet threw for three touchdowns and orchestrated Arizona State's offense to near perfection in a 45-38 victory over No. 21 Washington on Saturday that gave interim coach Shaun Aguano his first victory.

3 hours ago, IUskim said:

yeah I didn’t think it was 100% true but I’m sure there’s some truth in it. Also people seem to be skipping over the fact in the article stating that the NIL deal was the top priority for him. There were a lot of actual football concerns he had with staying here…

Yeah, Dasan retweeted this post. Money is in play but so is losing. It's just the reality of the situation. Also, who really thought he would stick around to begin with? I am not sure an "expose" on what happened behind the scenes is helpful to the program either. CFB is a rough and tumble business these days. These types of scenarios  are playing out at every
program. 
image.thumb.png.313685b412538217b8dee946ee8cafd9.png

Edited by OGIUAndy

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

Yeah, Dasan retweeted this post. Money is in play but so is losing. It's just the reality of the situation. Also, who really thought he would stick around to begin with? I am not sure an "expose" on what happened behind the scenes is helpful to the program either. CFB is a rough and tumble business these days. These types of scenarios  are playing out at every
program. 

I was shocked we got one year after dad left.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I was shocked we got one year after dad left.

Same.

The family can take to twitter all they want. Mom did and seems like the kids are as well. I don't blame them one bit for getting $....but please don't spin this as all the other problems with IU or IU football. This was a money play. Just own and move along. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Same.

The family can take to twitter all they want. Mom did and seems like the kids are as well. I don't blame them one bit for getting $....but please don't spin this as all the other problems with IU or IU football. This was a money play. Just own and move along. 

I haven’t seen the tweets but trashing a place on the way out is classless.  Just leave and wish people well.  You’d think his parents would know better.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I haven’t seen the tweets but trashing a place on the way out is classless.  Just leave and wish people well.  You’d think his parents would know better.  

But I also think Tom Brew's article was unnecessary. I think we get what happened. It's not rocket science. IU had a bad season. Dasan came to IU with his pops. Pops left, as did both his brothers, one because of injury (which I think is more important than has been discussed) the other decommitted.  Dasan played reasonably well (I would say he shined brightly early, then disappeared as the season wore on, hence why FR can't be relied upon) and is a highly sought after player with NIL options that IU can't or will not pay. Dasan and the family are not going to say it's about $, that's a bad look. So of course they are going to say it's a combination of things, what else does anyone expect? Not sure it's necessary to say they ghosted folks or whatever. "Leaking" that info doesn't help anyone. The program could simply say "we tried" and we appreciate Dasan's hard work..." blah blah blah. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why 

Just looked him up and saw where he is from. Could he be headed to UL

He's from "everywhere"... coached against him. I have posted some about my thoughts on Goodwin. Not a fan. 

He'll go where they pay him the most.. I don't think he'll ever play a meaningful minute.  

7 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

program. 

Did he really commit to IU for wins. 🙄

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Same.

Blaming IU Football is easy. Ray Charles can see all the issues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/16/2022 at 8:45 AM, Artesian_86 said:

You're right....Now they're going to need establish some rules, boundaries or something, as this NIL stuff evolves.

What I would try at IU with NIL and LEO in mind. Forget the 4 and 5 star money grabbers.  Make it all about team.  Take the football NIL money and divide it among all players by class.  All freshmen get x$.  All sophomores x$.  Same with Juniors and seniors. Each class getting a bit more.  No it won't be much each.  But college kids don't need much.  This would prevent locker room jealousy and really make it about one another.  Those that only want bucks can bail.  We can never hope to have the $ of the big boys.   But we can try and build camaraderie in this new NIL age. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Petertucky2 said:

What I would try at IU with NIL and LEO in mind. Forget the 4 and 5 star money grabbers.  Make it all about team.  Take the football NIL money and divide it among all players by class.  All freshmen get x$.  All sophomores x$.  Same with Juniors and seniors. Each class getting a bit more.  No it won't be much each.  But college kids don't need much.  This would prevent locker room jealousy and really make it about one another.  Those that only want bucks can bail.  We can never hope to have the $ of the big boys.   But we can try and build camaraderie in this new NIL age. 

Not a bad idea.  

I said yesterday in a perpetual argument, every extra cent the athletic department brings in should be money spent on football.   Build it and build it until the facilities and the experience is the best in the country.  IU gets the same cut of tv money as any other B1G school.  If there is a 50 million a year surplus annually,  figure out how to spend it on the football program.  Sure we might not have the NIL cash but the collective program can be flowing with the best of the best.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, btownqb said:

Saw a tweet... he benches 440 squats 605 clean 305

I believe I mentioned in one thread the kids from Center Grove were strongggggg. 

Saw that up close first hand when Carroll played them for the state title.  Not sure how they ever lose a game, to be honest.

• Like 1