Transfer Portal

DC2345

9 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I have zero reason to think that but if he somehow does, it would make our staff look like a bunch of clowns who benched a team captain who’s not only far better than Bazelak but good enough to lead a playoff contender.

I don’t know why he’d transfer again just to sit the bench…again. I thought it was a weird move on his part. Obviously Harbaugh sees something in him or he wouldn’t be burning a scholarship 

IMO, of all our QBs, Tuttle was hurt the most by our OL's struggles. Bazelak and Williams had more mobility to try and offset the short blocking windows, but I felt Tuttle was deserving of more time.

Bazelak got a lot of runway after the Illinois game, but he didn't play particularly well and his overall accuracy was poor. Tuttle doesn't have the upside of Williams, but he's a good player, and surrounded by a better line, he can be quite effective. Small sting that he's staying in the B1G, but I wish him well regardless.

• Like 2

The entire Connor Bazelak and Hiller debacle will effect CTA and Bell until they produce a successful qb and offense. It's just hard to understand how Connor was given complete, unquestioned control of the qb position when he struggled as much as he did.

Who knows what went on behind closed doors, but I'll never understand how Tuttle wasn't given multiple opportunities throughout the season. He was a captain for a reason, and at least deserved a couple series when our offense was non-existent in multiple games.  At least for me, if the two qb's are tied heading into our first game, the tie goes to the incumbent captain. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

The entire Connor Bazelak and Hiller debacle will effect CTA and Bell until they produce a successful qb and offense. It's just hard to understand how Connor was given complete, unquestioned control of the qb position when he struggled as much as he did.

Who knows what went on behind closed doors, but I'll never understand how Tuttle wasn't given multiple opportunities throughout the season. He was a captain for a reason, and at least deserved a couple series when our offense was non-existent in multiple games.  At least for me, if the two qb's are tied heading into our first game, the tie goes to the incumbent captain. 

And if they are tied whomever starts should be on a semi short leash if they play poorly. Basically I would guess the Illinois game kinda sealed Tuttle's fate unfortunately. It was pretty obvious after a few games Connor was pressing or not comfortable because he continued to be off the mark even when he wasn't under pressure. Tuttle 100% should have gotten in during the Nebraska game. CTA needs to understand, he doesn't have 20 years to figure this out. You took the job, you have to make the tough decisions. You have to fire your friends and bench the SEC transfer. That's the nature of the beast. For whatever reason, and I don't expect anyone to agree, I am kinda optimistic about next year. And I look at it this way, either CTA turns it around or we get another chance to reset the program. I'm always hoping former assistants and players who are HC at smaller programs (Wommack, Burns) are doing well so that we have a good shot at them if we need to hire a new HC.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Brady Allen is in the transfer portal. Idk that we should be overly interested, assume he's headed to UL and he has no feet. 

Funny the Boilers lost him though. 

A lot of people on our board are freaking out but I think we’ll be alright. Would be funny if he went to UL as they’d have two ex-Purdue QB’s on their roster. 

2 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Looks like Purdue just got an upgrade to replace him.  Maybe the reason he entered the portal?

Does seem like the timing would make sense? But even if Brohm had stayed, Allen knew we’d be bringing in at least one portal QB so who knows? I’m guessing Brees played a role to help land this guy as they grew up pretty close to one another. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Does seem like the timing would make sense? But even if Brohm had stayed, Allen knew we’d be bringing in at least one portal QB so who knows? I’m guessing Brees played a role to help land this guy as they grew up pretty close to one another. 

Brees connection is huge for you guys. If he is willing to be more involved in the program that can be a game changer for you guys. You’ve generally always had hard nosed defenses and if you can bring in some stud qbs I can see you guys competing in the Wests weaker division.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Brees connection is huge for you guys. If he is willing to be more involved in the program that can be a game changer for you guys. You’ve generally always had hard nosed defenses and if you can bring in some stud qbs I can see you guys competing in the Wests weaker division.

I don’t think he is (at the moment at least). He mentioned wanting to step away from the NBC gig so he could be around his kids more often. I could see him doing stuff down the road once his kids are older but I think the biggest role he’ll play for the foreseeable future is being on the executive board for our NIL. I think he can have a huge impact there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

From what I have briefly read, Brees had nothing to do with this. Graham Harrell did.