Transfer Portal

DC2345

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I disagree. 

If Camper/DJM are healthy, and OL did their job more consistently.. Connors accuracy would have been fine. Multiple times hit dudes in the #s and they dropped passes. Plus.. he threw out idk how many sacks. 

He is not a QB that can operate with direct pressure in his face. He had that nearly every throw he had to make. 

Now.. basically every Q we have is going to be under pressure, so we have to have someone that can move to still make a play. Doesn't have to be with their arm at that point.. go pick it the first down with your legs, and that is what Connor couldnt do. He isn't a good enough athlete. 

The other thing with a QB that does have the ability to do that.. it makes DL think/become less aggressive when rushing the passer. We saw that with Dexter. Connor Bazelak is quite a bit better of a passer than Dexter is... but Dexter brings more to the table, overall, especially for what WE need. 

Caveat-- I firmly understand Connor missed some throws, even when he did have time... but "happy feet" and "feeling the rush" are real things. 

Bottom line.. I don't think Conners accuracy, if he played in a 7 on 7 or behind a decent OL, or with his top 2 WRs would really be that big of an issue.... his lack of athleticism still would be. 

I don't disagree with this overall. He always missed high when he missed. He has an odd delivery imo + he started to release the ball too quickly or short arm the throw too much, so his release point was consistently too high/early so the ball floated on him a lot. Is this because of the pressure + anticipating pressure or seeing "shadows"? Most likely. I can't argue the offense needs guys who can scramble for many reasons.

I definitely think they need to slow down the offense somewhat. Quick offenses are all about timing and being in sync. When 50% of your starters are new(er) you're going to have timing issues regardless of the pressure. You can run a quick offense with a style of play calling and cadence not just how fast you get the call in/out of the huddle. IU also has to do something to keep their best weapons healthy. How many years in a row have the WR1/2/3 or QB1/2/3 gone down? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

You never know, an improving receiver room could help attract a QB. Ultimately we have a starting job at a high profile level.  There are only so many of those.  

I'm not losing sleep.  Transfers will continue to mount until middle summer.  A guy will realize he's not going to be the starter in spring ball and come available.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

If things stand pat, our receiving Corp, if healthy could be loaded.  

Yes, it could. I like a contingent of Camper, Simmons, Williams, McCulley, Cooper, Perry, and Smith.. plus using Lucas at times... TE room is still fine even after Barner p***** out. 

If Dexter Williams hadn't gotten hurt... I'd actually be semi excited about the offense, not going to lie. 

• Haha 1

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

I work with a recent Clemson grad.  Clemson strongly prides itself on its receivers.  He’s a good player who they were high on but he may gotten a little lost in the shuffle with all the other talent at that position.  He sounds like a good get for us.  

He had some injuries too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I work with a recent Clemson grad.  Clemson strongly prides itself on its receivers.  He’s a good player who they were high on but he may gotten a little lost in the shuffle with all the other talent at that position.  He sounds like a good get for us.  

That position group is regularly excellent for them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What position does he play?

I also hope you get a good RB as well because I don't see Lucas being a primary RB

RB

He had 1K rushing the last two season combined for WF.... who was 19-8 over the last two years. I think Lucas, Henderson, and Turner will be fine. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1