Transfer Portal

DC2345

9 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

The only person who ever successfully stopped Antwan Randel El was Cam Cameron

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Please explain 

His experiment of using ARE as a wide receiver instead of QB. While that brief experiment may or may not have contributed to ARE playing wide receiver for the Steelers, it was a disaster for the Hoosiers to start that season. I also recall seeing IUs best player in a generation getting cut in half running crossing patterns to start the year. 

There was one way, it turns out, to stop Antwaan Randle El, Indiana's human highlights reel of a quarterback: Tell him that his NFL future was at wide receiver, not quarterback.

After Randle El heard that, Indiana coach Cam Cameron came up with a plan to keep the senior from south suburban Chicago in Bloomington for one more season. He would use Randle El at wide receiver most of the time, and bring him in at quarterback occasionally.

The Hoosiers worked on it in the spring and during fall camp. The experiment lasted just long enough to help Indiana dig itself into an 0-3 hole and assure that there was a bullet next to Cameron's name on the endangered coaches list.

By the time October rolled around, though, Randle El had settled back in under center. He announced it at Wisconsin on Oct. 6, where the Hoosiers humiliated what had looked like a decent Badger team, 63-32. What's more, it was Indiana running back Levron Williams who inflicted the damage, rushing for 280 yards and six touchdowns.

But with Randle El taking snaps, anything's possible. Just listen:

"Have you ever tried to hold onto butter when it's halfway melted?" former Illinois linebacker Robert Franklin said after chasing Randle El around last season.

"He can make plays I don't think anybody else can make, college or professional," said Michigan coach Lloyd Carr.

"I've never seen a player who can dominate a game like he does," said Wisconsin coach Barry Alvarez.

"It's a no-brainer," Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said when asked who will get his vote for Big Ten player of the year. "If there's a better player in college football in than Randle El, show me who it is."

https://www.secsports.com/article/1277935/randle-el-piles-records-eliminates-doubters

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

His experiment of using ARE as a wide receiver instead of QB. While that brief experiment may or may not have contributed to ARE playing wide receiver for the Steelers, it was a disaster for the Hoosiers to start that season. I also recall seeing IUs best player in a generation getting cut in half running crossing patterns to start the year. 

There was one way, it turns out, to stop Antwaan Randle El, Indiana's human highlights reel of a quarterback: Tell him that his NFL future was at wide receiver, not quarterback.

After Randle El heard that, Indiana coach Cam Cameron came up with a plan to keep the senior from south suburban Chicago in Bloomington for one more season. He would use Randle El at wide receiver most of the time, and bring him in at quarterback occasionally.

The Hoosiers worked on it in the spring and during fall camp. The experiment lasted just long enough to help Indiana dig itself into an 0-3 hole and assure that there was a bullet next to Cameron's name on the endangered coaches list.

By the time October rolled around, though, Randle El had settled back in under center. He announced it at Wisconsin on Oct. 6, where the Hoosiers humiliated what had looked like a decent Badger team, 63-32. What's more, it was Indiana running back Levron Williams who inflicted the damage, rushing for 280 yards and six touchdowns.

But with Randle El taking snaps, anything's possible. Just listen:

"Have you ever tried to hold onto butter when it's halfway melted?" former Illinois linebacker Robert Franklin said after chasing Randle El around last season.

"He can make plays I don't think anybody else can make, college or professional," said Michigan coach Lloyd Carr.

"I've never seen a player who can dominate a game like he does," said Wisconsin coach Barry Alvarez.

"It's a no-brainer," Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz said when asked who will get his vote for Big Ten player of the year. "If there's a better player in college football in than Randle El, show me who it is."

https://www.secsports.com/article/1277935/randle-el-piles-records-eliminates-doubters

Ah yes! Good times.......

2 hours ago, KDB said:

From my understanding, it started with a mod on another site suggesting it may be Tayven.

I was replying to a post saying there was "smoke" on Twitter. Last night I saw one guy guessing the other "mystery" QB was Tayven. Hardly "smoke". 

Edited by OGIUAndy

35 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

from what I recall.

We lost to NC State 35-14 and that was the end of that experiment.

We actually went on a win streak to finish the year at 5-6 but the decision had apparently already been made to fire Cam.

How many XPs we miss that season? 

Cam Cameron designed an offense that thoroughly showcased ARE. 

Back to transfer portal. 

I didn’t want to say it out loud earlier because I didn’t think it could happen, but I really would like to see us get two QB’s.  Say you had an injury, you’d be back to Sorsby and Lowry and they are green as grass.  

Could we double up with Tayven AND Chance Nolan (or Wright) and let them compete?   You’d then have better depth.  

Tayven has good size, and he can run but he also seems to have good touch (based on highlights).   Josh Heupel is very good at QB development.  Milton grew at a remarkable level there.  Tayven likely got very good training.