IU Football 2023

btownqb

What do you all think of the IU game against ISU moving to a Friday?  My kid said people are freaking in high school and on the Twitter verse as I guess that is the day a lot of rivalry games for HS play across the state.  I’m not a fan, I get the extra TV revenue but doesn’t mean I like it weaseling into HS sports and not on Labor Day weekend is worse to me.

On 4/23/2023 at 5:03 PM, IUJoe said:

Not sure the best place to post this, but Sampson James posted on his Instagram less than an hour ago that he is committed to….IU.

Guess that stolen playbook rumor was BS. Regardless, I’m not sure he’s a kid you let back in the locker room after transferring to your instate rival and instantly quitting on them too. Competitive sports are different these days. 

11 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

Guess that stolen playbook rumor was BS. Regardless, I’m not sure he’s a kid you let back in the locker room after transferring to your instate rival and instantly quitting on them too. Competitive sports are different these days. 

Maybe he was a well-planted operative all along. Now he's returning with all the intel.

When he said 'committed' it was to the overall plan. Sneaky (but brilliant) SOB

• Like 1

20 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

What do you all think of the IU game against ISU moving to a Friday?  My kid said people are freaking in high school and on the Twitter verse as I guess that is the day a lot of rivalry games for HS play across the state.  I’m not a fan, I get the extra TV revenue but doesn’t mean I like it weaseling into HS sports and not on Labor Day weekend is worse to me.

I get all the stuff about Friday nights. I also know the BTN sends IU $50-$60M per year now with it going up to $100M per year in 2025 with all new tv deals. Part of that is playing on Friday nights moving forward. I hate that it's going to interfere but part of the deal. 

One small note that actually ticks me off the most. IMG Academy (who we've hired coaches from and got players from) are coming to Indy (Ben Davis) for first time ever that night. That's a bigger kick in the junk is our staff won't be on the sidelines for visits when they come.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

He may only have until start of school to prove it.  Wonder if he's just crashing on dudes couches?

Good point. I'd be ok with that, too. 

I don't think we even have any west side of Indy guys on our roster, do we? It was him, Fitz, Taylor.

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Good point. I'd be ok with that, too. 

I don't think we even have any west side of Indy guys on our roster, do we? It was him, Fitz, Taylor.

Weird stuff on the West Side and that's all I'll offer. Hope this works for the kid...he's been derailed for years with his circle.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ledies22 said:

read something that says IU has the 10th toughest schedule.... nationally.

Think of all the game tape these kids can put together in getting to the pros. Week in and out if they win their 1 on 1s they should find themselves playing on Sunday. That’s a great sell for our Uni.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Think of all the game tape these kids can put together in getting to the pros. Week in and out if they win their 1 on 1s they should find themselves playing on Sunday. That’s a great sell for our Uni.

Got to have a few more to buy in. There’s not a lot of one on one battles won if it’s a booty whooping every week. Plus, I think, you’re only as good as the guy next to you…. Most of the time  

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

We had zero players drafted in the most recent draft. Don’t think our difficult schedule helps 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2023-big-ten-championship-odds-picks-michigan-is-best-bet-penn-state-and-iowa-provide-best-values/

As expected, bottom of the list, along with Rutgers and Northwestern. Interestingly, PUke is just above us.

Surprised?  If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now.

• Haha 3