Illinois Post Game Thread

KDB

32 minutes ago, IUguy said:

I hope so also.  It would be great to start playing like we were initially ranked.  Hard to play without your point guard and Race, but after losing some games they probably shouldn't have, they seem to be adjusting.  If we can beat MSU this weekend, who knows?  Does anyone know when Race, and then maybe even X, can come back?  The kids can take us only so far.

It seems Race will be back no later than Mid Feb. 

XJ.. not sure. He has posted some stuff online.. who knows there. But he's still in a boot. That could mean nothing, could mean something. 

I am going to check with my wife. (She's an AT, and has been pretty spot on with her injury "diagnosis" type of questions) 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

It seems Race will be back no later than Mid Feb. 

XJ.. not sure. He has posted some stuff online.. who knows there. But he's still in a boot. That could mean nothing, could mean something. 

I am going to check with my wife. (She's an AT, and has been pretty spot on with her injury "diagnosis" type of questions) 

I believe X said in an interview he’ll back by the end of February. Didn’t give any other details though

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

When are these opportunities? 

When XJ gets back we will get him some more shots, but maybe with JGs added offense, it will too. 

Re-watch every game. He's got space but just head fakes and passes. He seems to only shoot when he's unguarded. I don't expect Woody to "find" him shots, but he needs to shoot it more. Those early threes (and that's all we had until Kopp's later one) help set the tone. I understand Underwood sucked it up in this game so there was no reason to not give the ball to TJD every time, but he has to be ready to shoot. He hesitates too much. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Woodson deserves a lot of credit for what he’s done with Miller’s perimeter defense compared to when he got here.   Very good player development right there.   It’s probably a great surprise to most people that Miller could get that much better but there it is.  

And it mostly goes unnoticed because he doesn’t score as much as most expect. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Kopp is still turning down too many open shots. I appreciate his defense, but he has to shoot more. 

I thought there were at least 2 or 3 occasions where he had a shot immediately on receiving the pass. But either his release is just too slow, he's not in position to shoot, or he just hesitates and passes on the shot. 

Now on at least one of those, regardless of the precise reason, he kept the ball moving when their defense was in rotation/scramble and it wound up in a solid shot attempt by someone else. So that's a positive. 

He's not a guy who's going to get a lot of shots in the pecking order. But he's a good shooter so I'd like to see him be more aggressive in just looking for his shot. Even if we're talking an additional three 3s a game. If they're reasonable opportunities, I'll take my chances with them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Had to DVR and watched this afternoon - knowing the outcome in advance made for an enjoyable watch.

One question that left me quite baffled: when did this become a big rivalry? lol.

Illinois fans have tried so hard to make it a huge rivalry for years. Back in the 2000's, when Scout.com had forums for every Big Ten team, there were always a lot of UI fans on our board trolling us. It was bizarre. Their board was like a rabbit hole to Alice in Wonderland on steroids. Tons of weird posters, with weird screen names, creepy avatars, and batsh*t crazy posts. They had a mod who ran the board like a dictator and had burner accounts to support his decadent ways. And of course, TeamworkOrange, remembered by many as "Teamwork Nutjob." 

Around the time Weber got fired was when we moved to our newer boards. Thankfully, they didn't come with us. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Had to DVR and watched this afternoon - knowing the outcome in advance made for an enjoyable watch.

One question that left me quite baffled: when did this become a big rivalry? lol.

I think ILL "wants & needs" for it to be a rivalry, because their current "Rival" is N-Western. I'd be trying to manufacture a new rival too, if NW was my main rival.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Illinois fans have tried so hard to make it a huge rivalry for years. Back in the 2000's, when Scout.com had forums for every Big Ten team, there were always a lot of UI fans on our board trolling us. It was bizarre. Their board was like a rabbit hole to Alice in Wonderland on steroids. Tons of weird posters, with weird screen names, creepy avatars, and batsh*t crazy posts. They had a mod who ran the board like a dictator and had burner accounts to support his decadent ways. And of course, TeamworkOrange, remembered by many as "Teamwork Nutjob." 

Around the time Weber got fired was when we moved to our newer boards. Thankfully, they didn't come with us. 

If society is lucky Orange is locked up somewhere in a straight jacket drinking his meals. Funny thing about the time period. The whole world knew Gordon was going to talk to Sampson after he got the gig but credit to Weber. He spun it and the locals bought his BS hook line and sinker. Cost him Etwaun Moore as well who really wanted to go to Illinois but chose Purdue as fallback option.