Illinois Post Game Thread

KDB

Their bucket in transition with 750 to go in the first half is the type of s*** that needs to be better between JG and Bates. 

Jordan is still very unaware at times defensively. It cost us dearly in the B1G tourney last season. Zero reason we should be giving up that easy of a bucket in that situation. 

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

i gave credit to the fan letter Trace received and the twitter fight fans had with Kopp for the turn around. Keep the letters coming! :coffee:

I honestly wish Bardo had used Weaver's name when he addressed it on air last night...Teach Laffy to keep his yap shut...

I think from here on out, ay IU fan that's being and ignorant ass towards the players should be labled a "Tim Weaver".:

Kinda like a Scarlett Letter :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

TJD's last 2 games:

53 points
21 rebounds
9 assists 
8 blocks

I think he's feeling better.

Trace said in his post game comments that until this week, he hadn't even practiced for a month and a ½. That's pretty incredible, and still put up some decent (yet below his avg) numbers.

I'm rewatching the game right now...

You want to see an absolute clinic in team defense, watch the first 7 minutes of the Illinois game and Miller Kopp...Ball denial, help D, and active hands...I was solely watching him for a while, and it was great to see...

Mayer was sick alright...Sick of Miller Kopp being in his face all night...I think Miller and his doggedly determined defense took Mayer out of the game early...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

You want to see an absolute clinic in team defense, watch the first 7 minutes of the Illinois game and Miller Kopp...Ball denial, help D, and active hands...I was solely watching him for a while, and it was great to see...

Mayer was sick alright...Sick of Miller Kopp being in his face all night...I think Miller and his doggedly determined defense took Mayer out of the game early...

Woodson deserves a lot of credit for what he’s done with Miller’s perimeter defense compared to when he got here.   Very good player development right there.   It’s probably a great surprise to most people that Miller could get that much better but there it is.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Kopp is still turning down too many open shots. I appreciate his defense, but he has to shoot more. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Kopp is still turning down too many open shots. I appreciate his defense, but he has to shoot more. 

When are these opportunities? 

When XJ gets back we will get him some more shots, but maybe with JGs added offense, it will too. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

Woody said after Wisconsin that he wasn't there to get Miller Kopp shots...He expected him to take them when he got them, and to make them...Miller himself said he understands what his role is...Scoring from him is a plus...Defense and Leadership are his main focus...

Just finished rewatching the game, and just for shitz & giggles I decided to track how many really obvious fouls we rec'd, with no call. And I'm not talking about ticky tack stuff, I'm talking about our guys getting hammered. Here's the breakdown:

• TJD at least 4 (if not a couple more I didn't count), on shots, not called
  • JHS   1
  • Gallo 2
  • Bates 1 (viscious moving screen by Dainja)

17 hours ago, Zville Hoosier said:

You were certainly right about the no match for TJD. Hope you’re right about the rest!

I hope so also.  It would be great to start playing like we were initially ranked.  Hard to play without your point guard and Race, but after losing some games they probably shouldn't have, they seem to be adjusting.  If we can beat MSU this weekend, who knows?  Does anyone know when Race, and then maybe even X, can come back?  The kids can take us only so far.

52 minutes ago, DWB said:

Just finished rewatching the game, and just for shitz & giggles I decided to track how many really obvious fouls we rec'd, with no call. And I'm not talking about ticky tack stuff, I'm talking about our guys getting hammered. Here's the breakdown:

• TJD at least 4 (if not a couple more I didn't count), on shots, not called
  • JHS   1
  • Gallo 2
  • Bates 1 (viscious moving screen by Dainja)

Malik on his offensive reb possession where he ended up scoring. 

• Like 1