Ohio State Post Game Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Great game and it has been so fun watching this team develop.  Maybe want to thank Holtman for subbing out Sensabaugh when he got going in the second half.

I think Sensabaugh has an attitude problem. Holtman didn't start him afew games ago, he sat quite a while in the first half, he still led them in scoring.  Glad Holtman took him out because we SURE couldn't guard him.

That was a fantastic game!!l   😀😁

Really good win, lots to be happy about tonight. JHS carried us through a bit of a slow start, and apparently did it while he was sick.

Malik is really starting to turn a corner. Race looks rusty on offense but he’s still bringing energy and toughness. As good as that stretch was for Jordan, it may be tough to find minutes with hoe the other three bigs are playing.

Loved what Banks brought. Still a little rough on offense, but he’s got that dawg in him. More of him as the fifth perimeter option please. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm honestly surprised they did not suspend the game,  Conference opponent, 3 hours away by bus, pretty easy to find a new date and make sure everything is safe before continuing.  

Well, that is sure as hell what Holtman wanted to happen to avoid the ongoing ass kicking!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Can anyone explain the OSU technical?  I was catching a run just as the timeout occurred and it seemed something got heated near the OSU bench but none of our guys were reacting or looking heading to the huddle.

Holtman went Francon - his players were trying to hold him back.  I was shouting "T him the F up" but didn't think they had until we were at the free throw line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great win, watched most of the game and we looked like the better team the whole night.

One thing for Maliek is to recognize when he is being doubled and look for the kick out.  He constantly tries to fight through the double and to the rim, rarely does this go well.  Once he find that, man its going to be something special.

JHS looks like a pro player.  He looks like the more relaxed athletic confident player on the floor.  He is smooth and just flows into everything he does.  Makes mistakes but even those look professional.  Not sure he will be back next year if he continues to play like this all the way through the tournament 

TJD is just a constant.

I didn't hear, why no JG?

I wish Joey Galloway moved in he same smooth fashion that JHS does, his jerky, frantic way he moves around the court makes me nervous all the time lol.

Loved seeing Kalab get heavy minutes and plat well.  Hope we see more of him.

Serious question here though?  With the way the team is playing and how they are gelling and playing together, what do you do when XJ gets healthy?  Do you immediatly start him?  Do you slowing being him in off the bench as the backup for JHS?  Do you mess with what is working?  Good issues to have.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Great win, watched most of the game and we looked like the better team the whole night.

One thing for Maliek is to recognize when he is being doubled and look for the kick out.  He constantly tries to fight through the double and to the rim, rarely does this go well.  Once he find that, man its going to be something special.

JHS looks like a pro player.  He looks like the more relaxed athletic confident player on the floor.  He is smooth and just flows into everything he does.  Makes mistakes but even those look professional.  Not sure he will be back next year if he continues to play like this all the way through the tournament 

TJD is just a constant.

I didn't hear, why no JG?

I wish Joey Galloway moved in he same smooth fashion that JHS does, his jerky, frantic way he moves around the court makes me nervous all the time lol.

Loved seeing Kalab get heavy minutes and plat well.  Hope we see more of him.

Serious question here though?  With the way the team is playing and how they are gelling and playing together, what do you do when XJ gets healthy?  Do you immediatly start him?  Do you slowing being him in off the bench as the backup for JHS?  Do you mess with what is working?  Good issues to have.

Injury to JG.

I think they should bring back X as a 3 and D guy and only secondary ball handler.  Just let him go crazy with the pressure and not have to worry much about running the team.

Great game and solid atmosphere from the fans.  Really never had to get to loud though but I have a feeling Purdue is just gonna be nuts.

Everyone has noted the great play of various players so I am going to rant about SSAH.  I was never a fan of the upgrade and think they should have wrecked the whole thing and built something new with character that honored the old setup.  I also think SSAH condition is a bad mark on IU.  Roof leaks, metal has fallen multiple times from the ceiling.  Concession stands crowd the flow and are always slow.  Tons of nice new bathrooms up front that are terribly located and bathrooms close to my seats that constantly leak.

After that metal fell tonight I took a good look at the walls and the ceiling.  Tiles not in place, metal on the side walls where you can see bolts are missing and the plate is half off the wall (which is shocking to me after the first metal drop).  You can see the water damage on the ceiling.  I would be embarrassed if my name was on the building.

Time to start a real campaign to build something new.  I just kept thinking what if that metal fell on someone.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Great game and solid atmosphere from the fans.  Really never had to get to loud though but I have a feeling Purdue is just gonna be nuts.

Everyone has noted the great play of various players so I am going to rant about SSAH.  I was never a fan of the upgrade and think they should have wrecked the whole thing and built something new with character that honored the old setup.  I also think SSAH condition is a bad mark on IU.  Roof leaks, metal has fallen multiple times from the ceiling.  Concession stands crowd the flow and are always slow.  Tons of nice new bathrooms up front that are terribly located and bathrooms close to my seats that constantly leak.

After that metal fell tonight I took a good look at the walls and the ceiling.  Tiles not in place, metal on the side walls where you can see bolts are missing and the plate is half off the wall (which is shocking to me after the first metal drop).  You can see the water damage on the ceiling.  I would be embarrassed if my name was on the building.

Time to start a real campaign to build something new.  I just kept thinking what if that metal fell on someone.

That $40 million should have been the seed money for a new building campaign 

• Like 1