Rutgers post game

Madison22

10 hours ago, Kdug said:

Did I miss something or did the refs get the first jump ball in the 2nd half wrong? Rutgers got the ball to start the 2nd half and I think they also gave them the ball after the first jump ball unless I missed something.

The possession arrow determines possession at the start of the 2nd half. The exact opposite happened at Rutgers. IU won the opening tip and also receive possession to start the 2nd half (I only remember because my son asked about it while at the game). 

Nice W. Some things to clean up, and the second half got a little too close for comfort, but RU is a tough out, especially for us. Lot of good things in that W ... a couple of couch observations:

- Man, we all love Race and what he has sacrificed for this program. But, I'm a firm believer in having guys that can shoot the 3 well taking those shots, and he's just plain terrible at it this year. Take out the 4-7 game against Arizona, and he's 4-27 on the season (that's a whopping 15%), and has hit one of his last nine. He's also simply not even coming close to making them at this point, and just doing the defense a favor when he shoots them. 

Also, late in the game he had a nice mismatch with Mulcahy on him in the post, gets a nice feed where he's fairly low on the block, and he ends up taking a 13-15 foot fadeaway off of one foot? I realize he's still doing a lot of good things, and brings leadership and experience to the court, and he's just a great kid overall so it sucks banging on him, but it's just very difficult watching him play sometimes. 

- Again IMO from my couch observations, JHS rarely goes straight up for a jumper. I feel like he watched a lot of Kobe, and takes a lot of jumpers that are off balance or where he's kicking a leg out or whatever. We were at the Maryland game, and he was doing it all night, even on shots where he had no defender near him. I'm sure he'll need to do that at the next level, but most times he doesn't need to do it at this one.

- Finally, Galloway is awesome, and no real complaints on anything he's doing out there, but how did a coach's son end up with such an awful looking shot technically speaking? He hits them at a really nice clip, but it looks like he's in pain every time he shoots.

/ramble

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Nice W. Some things to clean up, and the second half got a little too close for comfort, but RU is a tough out, especially for us. Lot of good things in that W ... a couple of couch observations:

- Man, we all love Race and what he has sacrificed for this program. But, I'm a firm believer in having guys that can shoot the 3 well taking those shots, and he's just plain terrible at it this year. Take out the 4-7 game against Arizona, and he's 4-27 on the season (that's a whopping 15%), and has hit one of his last nine. He's also simply not even coming close to making them at this point, and just doing the defense a favor when he shoots them. 

Also, late in the game he had a nice mismatch with Mulcahy on him in the post, gets a nice feed where he's fairly low on the block, and he ends up taking a 13-15 foot fadeaway off of one foot? I realize he's still doing a lot of good things, and brings leadership and experience to the court, and he's just a great kid overall so it sucks banging on him, but it's just very difficult watching him play sometimes. 

- Again IMO from my couch observations, JHS rarely goes straight up for a jumper. I feel like he watched a lot of Kobe, and takes a lot of jumpers that are off balance or where he's kicking a leg out or whatever. We were at the Maryland game, and he was doing it all night, even on shots where he had no defender near him. I'm sure he'll need to do that at the next level, but most times he doesn't need to do it at this one.

- Finally, Galloway is awesome, and no real complaints on anything he's doing out there, but how did a coach's son end up with such an awful looking shot technically speaking? He hits them at a really nice clip, but it looks like he's in pain every time he shoots.

/ramble

Maybe if he started yellin " KOBE!!!" when he shoots , it be better...😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Oh man, Indiana fans have gotten Mulcachy to delete his Twitter. 🤣🤣🤣

Saw that....and you just know when this punk shows up online down the road IU fans will be right there waiting for him.

Just a trash move. Hope we see them again in BTT. Nothing a few blind backscreens couldn't take care of.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

On either end?

It wasn't just "a trip." It was intentional... 

I'm confused why they would need to call each other. It was exactly that, just a trip. A trip is intentional, I mean, he didn't commit murder.... he's just a douche. I'm sure Pikiell... of all people, is aware. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I'm confused why they would need to call each other. It was exactly that, just a trip. A trip is intentional, I mean, he didn't commit murder.... he's just a douche. I'm just Pikiell... of all people, is aware. 

So, if you were Pikiell, you wouldn't call Woody and apologize and/or have Mulcahy reach out to Trayce?

It's not like there can't be repercussions... Remember Montez Mathis (St Johns) and his dragging down of Trey Galloway last year? Kid missed almost half the season over it...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

So, if you were Pikiell, you wouldn't call Woody and apologize and/or have Mulcahy reach out to Trayce?

It's not like there can't be repercussions... Remember Montez Mathis (St Johns) and his dragging down of Trey Galloway last year? Kid missed almost half the season over it...

I honestly don't think this is even a blip on the radar for Steve Pikiell or really Woodson either. 

Classless move by Mulcahey, absolutely! But I don't think either coach really even thinking about it this morning unless the media forces them to. 

More for stuff for fan chatter than anything else. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

No, I wouldn't have him do that. ... maybe Pikiell is the reason PM acts the way he does and Pikiell doesn't really care anyways. Who knows? 

Edited by btownqb

Just now, BGleas said:

I honestly don't think this is even a blip on the radar for Steve Pikiell or really Woodson either. 

Classless move by Mulcahey, absolutely! But I don't think either coach really even thinking about it this morning unless the media forces them to. 

More for stuff for fan chatter than anything else. 

There, what he said. 

I didn’t hear the booing of Race on TV but if that happened, shame on anyone who booed.  It’s absolutely stupid.  

This is a guy who is not even close to 100% and who is still working on his game level conditioning.  A ton of players wouldn’t have been out there but he’s trying to help the team and is not only busting his ass but being vulnerable because he is not at his best.  But he is putting it all out there.   By the way, the coaches like him because he’s where he’s supposed to be especially on defense.  He was absolutely crucial at the end of the Purdue game.   

• Like 4

Just now, btownqb said:

No, I wouldn't have him do that. ... Pikiell is the reason PM acts the way he does and Pikiell doesn't really care anyways. Who knows? 

If I was Woody, I'd give Pikiell time to address it... If he didn't, I'd address it to him...

Different styles of leadership I suppose, but my first rule is, always protect your people... 

• Like 1