Rutgers post game

Madison22

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I had assumed all of this was understood, and you're right, and I agree.... And what little I know about PM... doesn't seem like he's going to do that. 

According to their boards, he's a religious kid...

Maybe not as religious as the Mulcahy on M*A*S*H, but religious none the less... 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Indykev said:

I read this whole thread and not one mention of the students booing Race throughout the game. I thought I was hearing it  on TV but to be sure I checked with some student that were there. They said every time he missed a shot they were booing Race. So for you students on here. You dont boo a guy who has busted his ass for 6 years while trying to play on one leg for your dumb asses.

I didn't notice that, but that's a really bad look.

Race may not be playing his best ball right now, but to your point he's busted his ass for his entire career and is probably playing sooner than he should (certainly came back to soon IMO) to try and help this team reach their goals. We need Race to reach our goals, period. 

• Like 3

Just now, IUFLA said:

According to their boards, he's a religious kid...

Maybe not as religious as the Mulcahy on M*A*S*H, but religious none the less... 

Sports, high intense situations, can bring out a poor side in a lot of us. Poor decision on his part last night. 

He took the L and was a complete non-factor in the game. As I and a couple of others mentioned before... want them again in the B1GT for a rubber match. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

If that's the only reason Steve Pikiell would address it, he's not the man or leader I think he is...

Obviously you wouldn't address it... 

Genuinely curious what the implication here is?

We know you've been a Pikiell fan in the past. So if he doesn't do something you think he should he's less of a man, and then you turn around and say obviously @BGleaswouldn't address it. Is the implication that he is somehow less of a man?

Would love for you to clarify what you're getting at, because that's how it reads to me.... 

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Genuinely curious what the implication here is?

We know you've been a Pikiell fan in the past. So if he doesn't do something you think he should he's less of a man, and then you turn around and say obviously @BGleaswouldn't address it. Is the implication that he is somehow less of a man?

Would love for you to clarify what you're getting at, because that's how it reads to me.... 

If you, personally do something wrong, do you not apologize? 

If someone who worked for you did something obviously wrong, would you address it by holding them accountable for their actions? 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Agree. Pikiell should mention it to Mulcahey in the sense that you can't hurt your team. You need to keep it in check so you don't get ejected or suspended, etc.  

He needs to straight tell him it was a dirty play and wont be tolerated going forward.  It's not about suspensions or punishment (though I would make him run).  Its about competing the right way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He needs to straight tell him it was a dirty play and wont be tolerated going forward.  It's not about suspensions or punishment (though I would make him run).  Its about competing the right way.

I agree and then we move on.... If Pikiell allows that sort of play then that's on him and the type of players he recruits. He may just tell him to not be so blatant next time😲..... The refs will be/should be looking for that kind of play. My bet is Pikiell doesn't roll like that and will address it swiftly and firmly. 

56 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

If someone who worked for you did something obviously wrong, would you address it by holding them accountable for their actions? 

....some interesting takes from Rutgers message board. They aren't a fan of the trip either....lol

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/paul-needs-to-stop-the-dirty-play.256229/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Would I personally apologize if I did something wrong? Yes, I would. 

I have gone out of my way to not manage people in my career because there are certain sacrifices I'm not willing to make with small children, but yes, I'd hold someone accountable. Doesn't mean it would be anything that would be known to anyone other than me and the individual(s) involved, though. 

Just now, IUfaninIllinois said:

Trayce did play 40 minutes last night… I really contribute three of those turnovers to being tired and be lackadaisical after grabbing the rebound.

I totally agreed with Coach Woodson's comments last night. They did look a little tired down the stretch, leaving open a few open three point baskets and reaching in a bit.

That is where a more healthy bench like JG, and X will/can clean that up. I liked his reply (a little out of context, but you get the gist) , "We have to get better and there are no excuses for that other that we have to be better prepared and in better condition!"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I totally agreed with Coach Woodson's comments last night. They did look a little tired down the stretch, leaving open a few open three point baskets and reaching in a bit.

That is where a more healthy bench like JG, and X will/can clean that up. I liked his reply (a little out of context, but you get the gist) , "We have to get better and there are no excuses for that other that we have to be better prepared and in better condition!"

I understand JG has an injured calf but ever since Race came back it’s like JG has lost his confidence. I’d much rather have banks come in at the 4 after Malik when he’s not subbing in for Miller at the 3. JG not being prepared defensively and not having good hands offensively hurts us way more than what Race is doing IMO

• Like 2