Michigan post game

Madison22

Man, that’s a gritty, tough-nosed win that we’re not used to seeing. Stunk on D in the first half IMO, a lot of head-scratching shots and turnovers, and some inconsistent officiating, but we showed up to play D in the second half and got it done. Felt like we wasted a lot of opportunities to take leads throughout the game and didn’t think we’d get it done…. but 💣! I’ll be greedy, let’s go get revenge in Evanston.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I don't remember the last time I was depressed after a win. That was just atrociously ugly, in every way. 

I feel sorry for you if you can't enjoy a huge win. The defensive end was really good the last 30 minutes of the game. You won't play great every night and these kind of wins are what makes a good program.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I will never be depressed after gutting out a road win against a quality B1G opponent. 

After that showing, even though a win, I can not believe that I am getting push back on that performance. Of course I am happy that we won, zero doubt. But that was NOT a strong, resilient, tough it out type game. Minus Fino and TJD, no one else should have gotten on the bus. 

Sorry guys. If I was fino or tjd, I'd be screaming my freakin head off at the rest of the dang team, AND woody for not pulling Bates and at least giving Banks 2 minutes.

Again, trust me please, I love the win. But it almost seems we won by accident.

• Confused 7

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

After that showing, even though a win, I can not believe that I am getting push back on that performance. Of course I am happy that we won, zero doubt. But that was NOT a strong, resilient, tough it out type game. Minus Fino and TJD, no one else should have gotten on the bus. 

Sorry guys. If I was fino or tjd, I'd be screaming my freakin head off at the rest of the dang team, AND woody for not pulling Bates and at least giving Banks 2 minutes.

It is only a game do be happy with a win.  You don't get bonus wins for winning pretty

• Like 4

They shut down Michigan the last two minutes

• Like 5

Lol

Bates is the only guy you can’t point out some good things from in the game. Galloway and Kopp did a lot on defense, Geronimo really got tough after his calf flared up. Total team performance on defense.

We held them to 24 second half points. That was a great effort from the guys who played. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

Out main guys are clearly getting tired. We really have no break in the schedule, gonna be interesting to see how Woody deal with that.

Tough win. But only played 7 guys. 

TJD Miller and JHS,  in particular,are gonna need to find a way to get a little relief minutes wise. 

Going to have to cut practice time and get the players off of their feet as much as you can 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Our first half D was bad IMO, but we hung in there. I thought we had a lot of head scratching mistakes in the second half, but our D was exceptional. Good teams have to grind out ugly wins on the road sometimes. Better than losses! These build character!

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 4

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

Out main guys are clearly getting tired. We really have no break in the schedule, gonna be interesting to see how Woody deal with that.

TJD Miller and JHS,  in particular,are gonna need to find a way to get a little relief minutes wise. 

Hopefully, we get Race and XJ back at full strength some day. Even 80% would be terrific.

• Like 3

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Lol

Bates is the only guy you can’t point out some good things from in the game. Galloway and Kopp did a lot on defense, Geronimo really got tough after his calf flared up. Total team performance on defense.

We held them to 24 second half points. That was a great effort from the guys who played. 

Some people can't be happy unless they are unhappy 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Even the '76 team had some less than stellar wins.  Or lucky ones, if you'd rather call it that.  I can remember one in B-ton against the Wolverines.   😁

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Agree.

Would be really nice to get a 15-20 point win at home when guys like Banks, Malik, etc can get a lot of run and keep those guys under 30.

We eventually have some depth coming back with X on the perimeter, but we just are thin right now with injuries. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Cut down on practice time or the intensity of it.

Malik has to stay out on the floor more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1