Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

Just now, btownqb said:

Yes. I think we can just have a thread that is a collection of additions to the portal... then a seperate thread to discuss? Idk. 

I brought it up because there will literally be over 1000 guys in the portal when it's all said and done.  I appreciate all the posts showing who is in, but IU isn't going to be involved/interested in 95%+ of the guys in the portal.  I was thinking it would be nice to have a place to focus on the guys IU is targeting specifically so that we don't have to sift through pages of guys who jumped in that we have no need for or interest in just to get the nugget posted about the guys we are.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

40%+ from three the past two seasons, with 6+ attempts per game. 85% FTs. 6’4, 200lbs. 

I'll take the shooting and we need to replace Kopps threat and ability.  I like the profile of athletic scorer but maybe X will full that role.   Roster building with the portal is wild.  

16 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Played nine games his freshman year I wonder if he is thinking he's getting a medical red shirt?

“Timberlake’s promising freshman season came to an end after nine games due to a fracture in his foot. The injury did allow him to redshirt, which saved a year of his eligibility. A fractured kneecap forced him to miss the start of his redshirt freshman year, but he recovered to play in Towson's final 28 games and was named the Colonial Athletic Association's Sixth Man of the Year as he averaged 6.1 points per game and 3.5 rebounds.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if someone else brought this up or not....but why doesn't the NCAA start the portal stuff after tourney? Seems like teams who are in tourney should be focused on that vs conducting zoom interviews? 

Or at the very least open it up the week of the F4 where only 4 teams are left. 

• Like 4

Timberlake's numbers compared to Penn State's Andrew Funk (transfer from Bucknell) 

image.thumb.png.e0ed90bd2bf173e02a28b1258140b8a6.png

Only included their last year at the mid-major level, career numbers, and Funk's numbers his year at PSU...

In both 2022 and 2023 the CAA was ranked as a better conference than the Patriot League

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1