Michigan Post Game Thread

KDB

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Also things can be said that are right( noticed) at the time but also we can still win. People were questioning the bad decisions and bad plays..they still happened and we won. People complaining about open shots we were missing. Still happened and we won. Just because we won doesn’t mean some stuff that happened in the game thread isn’t true. Some stuff is blatantly wild heat of the moment stuff. But winning and the posts being made have no bearing on eachother at the time. We wouldn’t make them after blowing a 14 point lead knowing we are gonna win the game because we wouldn’t be so pissy and emotional. Not commenting at you in particular, just about posting. I made one post during the game about us looking lost and like trash. It was true at the time. And I stopped posting. 

You did well trying to explain things to Scott who goes menstrual every 14 days. then explains "his take". 

Simple thing is, IU needs some killer instinct players that we don;t have. I love them everyone, but I'm not taking them into battle with me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

How do you FIX anything now??  Don't you think that the coaches have been trying to ALL SEASON??   🙄

I know how  does IU keep 10 pt. plus leads  go in only minutes? But I must have forgot we have a Coaching staff!!! JV1972iu!!! 😒 But thank you 🏀

Sorry guys. I am IU to the bone. I love everyone on this team and this staff.

But what we are producing, isn't what make men great later in life. "we" either hold ourselves to a higher standard, or we continue to be the 4th looser.

PURDUE for gods sake will gut themselves to achieve their goals. .. PURDUE.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

But what we are producing, isn't what make men great later in life. "we" either hold ourselves to a higher standard, or we continue to be the 4th looser.

You mean the Purdue we beat twice? That Purdue? The one that had the easiest Big 10 schedule? Those guys?

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Swept Michigan, Illinois and Purdue.  Didn’t get a chance to play lowly Nebraska, Ohio State, Minnesota, or Wisconsin twice (the bottom four, right?).  Only played Maryland and PSU on the road instead of the other way around.  Perfect storm of a schedule conspiring against us.   

Getting swept by Iowa and Northwestern imo where we lost the B1G. Probably not going undefeated at home but man those two home losses were daggers.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Why they didn’t ride Dickenson harder down the stretch amazes me. Kept going to his son and the other guard. Ride your stud…that’s how we got back in it.

Well, they threw it to him at the end of ot.  :coffee:

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I get it…we aren’t NC contender but we’ve made great strides to get the program turned around and on its way back. I get this reaction from that abomination of a game against Iowa but today? We won today? We played awful but we fought til the end and found a way to win.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

You mean the Purdue we beat twice? That Purdue? The one that had the easiest Big 10 schedule? Those guys?

yes, that's the one. I know I know... Who is getting noticed tonight? IU or PU? CMW has gotten 1000 more from this group than imagined, but they are just not killers. I hate it, I love them for what they've accomplished. But they don;t have the mentality to finish.

I'm not hating on our team at all. But I also am not storming Normandy with them. 

"last season’s Midwest Regionals in which LSU led Indiana, 75-66, with only four minutes left.

“It didn’t look good,” Knight said. “In fact, my assistants had just about given up, and so had I. Then I looked down toward the other bench, and I saw Dale Brown standing there. I knew then that we had a chance.”

• Haha 8

11 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

We went 9-1 against the teams that are generally considered the top of the conference....

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Why they didn’t ride Dickenson harder down the stretch amazes me. Kept going to his son and the other guard. Ride your stud…that’s how we got back in it.

and we defended against the 3 better and hassled HD more.  that helped.

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

yes, that's the one. I know I know... Who is getting noticed tonight? IU or PU? CMW has gotten 1000 more from this group than imagined, but they are just not killers. I hate it, I love them for what they've accomplished. But they don;t have the mentality to finish.

I'm not hating on our team at all. But I also am not storming Normandy with them. 

I figured you were wired from the ER and the fight with the lawnmower... 🙂

You ok? 

Just now, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Remember other than the serious upgrade of JHS over Stewart this is the same team that barely squeaked into the tournament last year. Top that off with losing our starting point. Will be interesting to watch next year with an entirely new starting 5.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Maybe it isn't good to post while under the influence. If you don't think these seniors will do well after college you will be wrong

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I don't usually pay much attention to posters. I click like or discard and move along. What is this though? We swept Purdue. Down our guys. I'd like to think we could find a positive tonight. 

Every damn team in this league has had Jekyll and Hyde moments. If our team didn't have any guts they would by no means be standing at 12-8 and in the Top 3 of the league after 1-4 start. Yeah Purdue took 1st place despite losing to us twice but they also far and away had the most beneficial schedule in the entire conference. Which, it is what it is. Not everyone gets to play twice anymore and the schedules will never be perfectly balanced.

But after suffering through 4 years of Archie-ball, these last two seasons are a breath of fresh air. Not perfect. But there is tangible improvement. 2 for 2 on qualifying for the NCAA tournament, something we long ago took for granted but has been rare in the last 7 years. Top 2-3 finish this year which is easily our best conference standing since Yogi's senior year.

Soft? Hell no, this team isn't soft. Inconsistent at times? Sure. But again, every damn team in the league has been inconsistent this year. It is a blood bath out there!

Edited by bronkonagurski
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We went 9-1 against the teams that are generally considered the top of the conference....

ok ok ok... Y'all act like I am a PU troll. I've celebrated our accomplishments all season and been DAMN voice full about it. So stop with yourselves! 

Do you all not think, even with our huge improvements under woody, that our current roster just doesn;t have that NECESSARY, killer instinct? 

Who is ONE player, that will go play smash mouth ball like... Bad Davison? Kris murray? either of the 17 MaCafrey twins... (that just keep givng...) . 

Gosh darn it, I really miss XL Johnson, He had it !  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1