Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

@KDB sure I will discuss...

Once again, we have a supposed 1 and done that is completely inconsistent... I cannot remember a one and done so inconsistent ever... Maybe I am wrong, but I give thanks JHS for making my bets continue to grow money...

Donā€™t know where the effort was for the first 39 minutes. Nice little run at the end but canā€™t expect to win down 15 with 2 min left. Our team lacks any outside threat. We will end up with a 4 or maybe the dreaded 5/12 matchup.
Ā 

Sure wouldā€™ve been fun to see us play tomorrow.

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 3

We are what we are at this point of the season, but our struggles on both ends of the floor with the 3 point shot will be something we have to address in the off season.Ā Ā 

Thankfully one of the selection members, not Reynolds, said lines 1-8 were basically already seeded.Ā  If that's true, this shouldn't affect us in that regard.Ā 

• Like 3

Just now, Hoosier987 said:

Donā€™t know where the effort was for the first 39 minutes. Nice little run at the end but canā€™t expect to win down 15 with 2 min left. Our team lacks any outside threat.Ā 

This team hasn't been able to shoot in 6 years.

Ā 

And that's important. The goal is to shoot th ball into the basket.

If you shoot the ball from beyond the arc and mak it, they will even give you another point!

IU needs so many shooters. Iā€™m sorry but if you canā€™t get any playing time on scholarship this season they should probably not be with the program. I hate to say it but Duccomb and Leal probably should go for better improvements. Go ahead and bash me but itā€™s the reality that needs to happen.Ā 

• Like 1

Honestly we beat ourselves and our role players look absolutely lost on offense. Kopp Galloway Bates. Woodson seriously took Malik out and put Race in. No joke the momentum absolutely switched in favor of PSU and we could not overcome that again. Just really wish our guys could not be Jekyl and Hyde. Shrewsbury was great. Literally made like difficult on JHS and TJD by doubling. Literally forced our other guys to try and beat us. Just such a letdown. I guess we can try next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Honestly we beat ourselves and our role players look absolutely lost on offense. Kopp Galloway Bates. Woodson seriously took Malik out and put Race in. No joke the momentum absolutely switched in favor of PSU and we could not overcome that again. Just really wish our guys could not be Jekyl and Hyde. Shrewsbury was great. Literally made like difficult on JHS and TJD by doubling. Literally forced our other guys to try and beat us. Just such a letdown. I guess we can try next year.

You a Cubs fan???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cbp4IU said:

IU needs so many shooters. Iā€™m sorry but if you canā€™t get any playing time on scholarship this season they should probably not be with the program. I hate to say it but Duccomb and Leal probably should go for better improvements. Go ahead and bash me but itā€™s the reality that needs to happen.Ā 

Yeah, that was my initial thoughts watching this game.

"Damn you Anthony and Logan!" šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøĀ  Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Donā€™t care. Meaningless conference tournament game. Ā There are no surprises left, and this team is what it is at this point in the season. Anything from a first round exit to a title is realistic. Letā€™s get it started.Ā 

Exactly. Donā€™t care about this tournament unless we need it for seeding in the real tournament. Would have love to win, but not going to let it impact my day for a second.Ā 

• Like 5

Disappointing but not the end of the world.

Two bad stretches killed us. From 12-6 up to down 27-17 and from tied at 47 to down 72-57. We just go through to many stretches of bad offense which leads to had defense.

We just struggle with teams like PSU and Iowa who shoots the 3 a lot and soreads the floor.Ā  To me we should have went small earlier in the second half.

The last few games had proved my thinking that Galloway can't be one of your key contributors and be a great team. He should be like your 7 or 7th playerbin your rotation. He just is not reliable from game to game.

This game probably shows that we won't be able the make a long run in the tournament. We have to many players that you have no idea what you are going to get from game to game.

• Like 1