Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

15 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Someone with more time could break it down in detail. Just a general overall stat vs B1G teams only. It does include both tournaments.

To be clear, Im not saying he wouldn’t have been a helpful addition here and there but I’m also not going to claim all losses are because he is unavailable. IU didn’t exactly win at a high clip with him. I would have liked to have him and Jalen together vs not and can certainly see areas where he theoretically could have had an effect on opposing players defensively.

I understand your point.  But I will say a backcourt of X and JHS sounds better than a backcourt of JHS and Gallo.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Pretty sure you’ve been banned and came back under another user name. How sad is that?

Reminds me of a guy who post on rivals and one of the reasons I don't post there any longer. He kept getting banned and changed user names but he had the same posting as a know it all prick 

12 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

Agree and I understand, but need to stand my ground when been given a despicabl lable.

I still encourage you to move on.  The board will offer plenty of opportunity for discussion where the same group giving you a hard time now will agree with you.  

31 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree completely. Honestly, Race had a really bad two days. He really, really struggled. It just seemed so obvious that Reneau was the play. 

We control the defensive boards so much better with TJD and Reneau together. 

I actually thought today against PSU it was better to go smaller and not play either one.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Kopp and Galloway were not playing particularly well.  Reneau was.  We played our best with Reneau on the floor. 

I was mainly talking about the last 5 or 6 minutes and start the press then than wait until 2 minutes were left. It just seemed like our bigs got lost on defense to much and couldn't get back to their men.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I was mainly talking about the last 5 or 6 minutes and start the press then than wait until 2 minutes were left. It just seemed like our bigs got lost on defense to much and couldn't get back to their men.

Race actually made a couple of good defensive plays in that last flurry.  

• Like 1

Just now, ForHumanity said:

Here is the bright side: Winning the Big 10 Tourney is actually a lose in the long run. Because of the fatigue factor going into the NCAA. The NCAA id grueling enough at the back of a very grueling B10 tourney. The setup is not advantageous for the NCAA. A season of games should be far more important than the Tourney. Why have it?

Money.  TV money.

• Like 3

Just now, ForHumanity said:

Here is the bright side: Winning the Big 10 Tourney is actually a lose in the long run. Because of the fatigue factor going into the NCAA. The NCAA id grueling enough at the back of a very grueling B10 tourney. The setup is not advantageous for the NCAA. A season of games should be far more important than the Tourney. Why have it?

By the way sorry for calling you a troll. It just looked like it since your first post was about how bad Woodson was on some of those plays. I don't have the stats but from my eye test I don't remember having many problems with OOB or after time our plays.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Someone with more time could break it down in detail. Just a general overall stat vs B1G teams only. It does include both tournaments.

To be clear, Im not saying he wouldn’t have been a helpful addition here and there but I’m also not going to claim all losses are because he is unavailable. IU didn’t exactly win at a high clip with him. I would have liked to have him and Jalen together vs not and can certainly see areas where he theoretically could have had an effect on opposing players defensively.

I don’t know anyone who thinks we go undefeated with him, but this is a really bad take to compare last seasons team to this seasons.

Do you think TJD was the same player in your comparison?

Do you remember how Jalen performed in the Big Ten games we had X for?

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I think we will...

Tamar Bates catches a lot of crap, but if you ask me, he should get the bevy of playing time at the 2 over Trey. On the road/neutral sites, Trey has been an offensive liability... And while Tamar might not be the defender Trey is, the gap has closed enough for Tamar's offense to be the deciding factor.

And I don't know what to make of the wall Race has seemed to hit the last two years. The kid tries, but geez, some of the mistakes are just hard to stomach...

Woody pretty much had to play his offense to the cast we have on hand. I think when we get away from running the offense through the 5 man, we'll see better results... But, yeah, we do need shooters... 

On the road Trey has been an offensive liability….I’m too tired to research his stats so I’ll assume you’re right.  But to insinuate Bates has been even ok on the road is laughable.  Before these 2 BTT games, look at Bates stats the last 12-13 games.  I know those because I’ve looked led at them before….it was something like 5-36 outside of the Michigan state game at home.  How’s that not an offensive liability?

1 minute ago, 94Bulldog said:

On the road Trey has been an offensive liability….I’m too tired to research his stats so I’ll assume you’re right.  But to insinuate Bates has been even ok on the road is laughable.  Before these 2 BTT games, look at Bates stats the last 12-13 games.  I know those because I’ve looked led at them before….it was something like 5-36 outside of the Michigan state game at home.  How’s that not an offensive liability?

I ride the hot hand.  That be Bates.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

1 minute ago, rico said:

I ride the hot hand.  That be Bates.

Yeah, that was the context... Last few games Tamar has outplayed Trey...

And career neutral sites games, though a small sample size, lean in Tamar's favor...

20 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

Accepted...bw. I've been following IU for 52 yrs. Got Kent Bensons autograph wihen he had his broken wrist.as a kid.

I am 52 years old and ran into Benson at the Pizza Hut in New Castle. I grew up about 15 miles from New Castle and we played New Castle every year and were in their sectional