Penn State Post Game Thread

KDB

2 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Honestly we beat ourselves and our role players look absolutely lost on offense. Kopp Galloway Bates. Woodson seriously took Malik out and put Race in. No joke the momentum absolutely switched in favor of PSU and we could not overcome that again. Just really wish our guys could not be Jekyl and Hyde. Shrewsbury was great. Literally made like difficult on JHS and TJD by doubling. Literally forced our other guys to try and beat us. Just such a letdown. I guess we can try next year.

I felt cmw did that in the MD also.  I think that Malik's presence underneath is second only to tjd.  He is comfortable playin D on strong big guys.  For a freshman, he has high confidence there.  I like his future, but sitting him in favor of Race lately has been untimely imo.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I’m coming on; it was a stupid, inflammatory and unnecessary thing to post. It also wasn’t even true, we don’t have a losing record in conference games Xavier plays.

Well we were 9-11 in the season 

2-1 in the BTT last season for a total of 11-13

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I wonder if Kopp has lost his confidence....

I have grown to appreciate Kopp's hustling aggressive D.  But, he is a big disappointment if his role is shooting 3s.  Even when he gets a good outlet pass and has an open look, he often hestitates/dribbles and ends up ruining an opportunity to score.  very weird behavior for a mature player in that position.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John S said:

I have grown to appreciate Kopp's hustling aggressive D.  But, he is a big disappointment if his role is shooting 3s.  Even when he gets a good outlet pass and has an open look, he often hestitates/dribbles and ends up ruining an opportunity to score.  very weird behavior for a mature player in that position.  

He's a practice shooter. Doesn't have it in him when it actually matters.

2 minutes ago, hoosier_exotics said:

He's a practice shooter. Doesn't have it in him when it actually matters.

I think the problem with Kopp is he isn't ready to shoot the ball before he catches the ball. You have to anticipate you are going to get the ball and have your feet and hands readynto shoot on the catch.  If he has time and has his feet set he is a good shooter. A lot of times on the break he will catch it on the run and he drifts on the shot

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The only one I remember him missing was the one at NW due to suspension 

Which we lost. And brings his record in conference games too .500.

We also have a 4-2 postseason record with him and 1-1 with JHS. Does that somehow mean we would be better off with just XJ instead of JHS.

Of course not…

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Which we lost. And brings his record in conference games too .500.

We also have a 4-2 postseason record with him and 1-1 with JHS. Does that somehow mean we would be better off with just XJ instead of JHS.

Of course not…

Not saying that at all but he was correct we had a losing record in games he played still 9-10 I'm games he played

3 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

Good sized experienced guards should give Purdues guards fits.  How did the beat PSU so badly, twice?  Also, PSUs Senior guards make up almost 60 of the teams 72 point average.  I’m guessing Micah is gone if Georgetown offers.

I know PSU is not a good job but if I was hom I would wait for a better job than Georgetown 

Just now, IU Scott said:

I know PSU is not a good job but if I was hom I would wait for a better job than Georgetown 

One thing to consider is the Big East has no football, hence no football TV contract money.

I'd stay at Penn State which is an upper echelon program that has fresh TV money... Who knows what's going to happen to any conference not named the SEC or Big 10

Just now, IUFLA said:

One thing to consider is the Big East has no football, hence no football TV contract money.

I'd stay at Penn State which is an upper echelon program that has fresh TV money... Who knows what's going to happen to any conference not named the SEC or Big 10

I wouldn't mind seeing him leave the big ten because it is doubtful that PSU will be able to find another really good coach. Maybe have Collins go to ND because NW will go back to the bottom of the conference.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I wouldn't mind seeing him leave the big ten because it is doubtful that PSU will be able to find another really good coach. Maybe have Collins go to ND because NW will go back to the bottom of the conference.

I wouldn't mind him leaving either, but I think he'd be crazy to leave a secure money situation for the uncertainty of another conference... 

Edited by IUFLA

1 hour ago, ForHumanity said:

Here is the bright side: Winning the Big 10 Tourney is actually a lose in the long run. Because of the fatigue factor going into the NCAA. The NCAA is grueling enough at the back of a very grueling B10 tourney. The setup is not advantageous for the NCAA. A season of games should be far more important than the Tourney. Why have it?

Why would you not like the atmosphere in which the game was played today? It was great. 

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The Windy City 5 game comes to mind.  

Correct, he didn’t play that game. We are .500 in Big Ten games he plays.

I believe he actually has the best Big Ten winning percentage of anyone on the team aside from the freshman but would have to go double check that. But I also don’t think that means much of anything. 

• Like 1