Selection Sunday

41 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Lunardi has this in his bracket.  That's not possible, is it?  And, even if it was possible, the committee would not do it.  

image.png.77e30130333be19b530c2de2e6032bcb.png

I got this off of ncaa website. Illinois and purdue played once so it looks possible. 

Teams from the same conference shall not meet prior to the regional final if they played each other three or more times during the regular season and conference tournament.

Teams from the same conference shall not meet prior to the regional semifinals if they played each other twice during the regular season and conference tournament.

Teams from the same conference may play each other as early as the second round if they played no more than once during the regular season and conference tournament.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I also think the things in the post of mine I quoted matter.  In fact, the committee says these things matter.

No one on here has offered a reason why the committee will conveniently overlook those things for IU.  

It may come down to what Scott said.  We did beat Purdue twice.  

Also, from everything I've read from the committee doesn't really use NET and they don't use KenPom. 

The use the team sheets that make up the NET, in terms of Quad 1 records, rapid records, etc, but they don't seed/rank by the NET number. 

45 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Lunardi's 5 seeds are:  Virginia, TCU, Texas A&M, and Iowa State

All 4 have better Net Rankings than us.

3 of the 4 have a better KenPom than us.

3 of the 4 have more Quad 1 wins than us.

So, if it's none of those things that are keeping us on the 4 line, what is it?

The quality of loses and the quality of wins. If Rutgers and PSU get in the tournament. All of the loses are to teams in the tournament. Not sure the others can say that. Either way we should be a five or a four. Matchups are the most important for playing in week two and even having a chance against a one. Don’t want to see Alabama 

• Like 1

I would urge everyone to go ready Seth Davis' Twitter. He did about 15 or so posts outlining exactly how the committee works. 

We've all be right on some things and wrong on some.

I found this most compelling. It's explained in a tweet before it, but basically the entire thing is computerized. The committee is not subjectively developing "made for TV" moments. 

Seth goes deep into the entire process though. 

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I would urge everyone to go ready Seth Davis' Twitter. He did about 15 or so posts outlining exactly how the committee works. 

We've all be right on some things and wrong on some.

I found this most compelling. It's explained in a tweet before it, but basically the entire thing is computerized. The committee is not subjectively developing "made for TV" moments. 

Seth goes deep into the entire process though. 

The same Seth Davis that has 110% of Final Four teams accounted for without even including 3's and 4's?  Sketchy math.

image.png.5e1a69a1bdcd2aa08bd86180f6b5c1f0.png

• Haha 3