Transfers with IU Interest

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I would imagine the On3 guys have seen plenty of film...And as of right now, there are only 2 guys above Tamar...Vandy's Lawrence, who's a heavy Auburn lean, and I would imagine if Woody wanted him, or he had interest in IU we would have heard by now, and D'Marco Dunn of UNC (2.7 PPG)...

See for yourself...

You need to be a bit more specific in who you think we should target...

Maybe Brandon Newman?  I mean, if he's good with a reserve role, maybe he could provide minutes similar to what Anthony Walker provides in the frontcourt?  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Purdue won the Big Ten by bringing in a veteran guard… how is that argument in favor of not bringing one in? Ten minutes per game from a veteran guard would be great, I’d be thrilled. 

Jenkins played BEHIND 2 freshmen... Didn't take minutes from them (or potentially Gunn)...

We recruited (or kept them) to play... Let them have a shot... 

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Maybe Brandon Newman?  I mean, if he's good with a reserve role, maybe he could provide minutes similar to what Anthony Walker provides in the frontcourt?  

1 hour ago, rico said:

Like I said, the current pickings in the portal are slim... I'm not aware of any targets right now... I'm sure we'd have heard something if there was an interest in a certain kid...

After the May 31st NBA pullout date maybe we'll hear something...

I think we can be super selective with that last scholly.  We can be surgical to get the right guy.  A guy who can shoot, defend and handle some.  I don’t care if he starts or backs up.  Holding that scholly in reserve well into the summer might be savvy.  You never know who falls out of the sky.  A grad transfer can occur any time.  A European.  Personally, I suspect a grad transfer is the most logical scenario and Woody would want one more reliable shooter. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

After the May 31st NBA pullout date maybe we'll hear something...

I'm betting there's going to be one....possibly two guys that we're going to get irrationally excited about in the next month. 

I did hear speculation on a podcast that they *think* the staff has some guys targeted that are going through the draft process. I just wish I could remember which podcast - I listen to way too many IU podcasts. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I'm betting there's going to be one....possibly two guys that we're going to get irrationally excited about in the next month. 

I did hear speculation on a podcast that they *think* the staff has some guys targeted that are going through the draft process. I just wish I could remember which podcast - I listen to way too many IU podcasts. 

Just 2?😁

Edited by Dawg Bawls
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

So as I see it, there are kids who're simply going to stay in the draft, no matter what...

There are kids who've declared, but not entered the portal which indicates if they do pull out, they'll return to their former team...

And then there are kids who entered the draft AND the portal which indicates if they do pull out, they're free agents... That'd be our list...

I've tried to find a comprehensive list of those kids, but most sites group them all together...

Still looking... 

26 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

So as I see it, there are kids who're simply going to stay in the draft, no matter what...

There are kids who've declared, but not entered the portal which indicates if they do pull out, they'll return to their former team...

And then there are kids who entered the draft AND the portal which indicates if they do pull out, they're free agents... That'd be our list...

I've tried to find a comprehensive list of those kids, but most sites group them all together...

Still looking... 

thanks for looking.  I think there’s one more category.  Guys who are in the draft and not in the portal, but could be a grad transfer.  I doubt that concept would be listed yet though.  But the program may have some ideas.  We know barely the surface of what they know behind the scenes, obviously.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I think we can be super selective with that last scholly.  We can be surgical to get the right guy.  A guy who can shoot, defend and handle some.  I don’t care if he starts or backs up.  Holding that scholly in reserve well into the summer might be savvy.  You never know who falls out of the sky.  A grad transfer can occur any time.  A European.  Personally, I suspect a grad transfer is the most logical scenario and Woody would want one more reliable shooter. 

....speaking of surgical. If you love Chicago Med, like me,....We can use "2.0". lol!😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1