Transfers with IU Interest

6 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Basketball aside for a second, if Love isn't able to meet the academic requirements for Michigan, does it look good for IU if he's able to land here?

Strip away the NIL money, fit, skill, and all of that. Just from a school perspective -- is that something that becomes a blemish, or does it not matter.

Cause when I look at Love's situation with Michigan, I can laugh at the program for not getting him, but I actually respect the school for maintaining a certain academic standard.

I think it’s some credits don’t transfer. They might match up at IU. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I just have this feeling bringing Love in will hurt the team, not help it.

Well, I get the feeling we’re going to find out. It might not be an accident we haven’t filled that last spot yet. My guess is they knew this might happen. 

I take him in a heartbeat.  2 months ago this was looking like a throw away season so to me we’re playing with house money anyway.  Let him know this is Xs team and reign in his 3 shooting if he’s off.  We could have an insanely athletic starting 5 and let Galloway lead off the bench.  We would wear teams out so fast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Basketball aside for a second, if Love isn't able to meet the academic requirements for Michigan, does it look good for IU if he's able to land here?

Strip away the NIL money, fit, skill, and all of that. Just from a school perspective -- is that something that becomes a blemish, or does it not matter.

Cause when I look at Love's situation with Michigan, I can laugh at the program for not getting him, but I actually respect the school for maintaining a certain academic standard.

That happened last offseason at UM too. I honestly wouldn’t expect IU to have the same standards at UM, they’re an objectively better school. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iuecon12 said:

I take him in a heartbeat.  2 months ago this was looking like a throw away season so to me we’re playing with house money anyway.  Let him know this is Xs team and reign in his 3 shooting if he’s off.  We could have an insanely athletic starting 5 and let Galloway lead off the bench.  We would wear teams out so fast.

There's little doubt his skill set, the best verison of it, is the missing piece. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wouldn't that be something if Caleb Love lands in Bloominton?

Im not sure he's a great fit. So much has been said about his time at UNC and not all of it is good. Still, a great talent. I'll trust CMWs judgement. He won't bring someone in that's going to blow up the team.

Edited by Euroclydon

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

I just have this feeling bringing Love in will hurt the team, not help it.

Love is not a sure fire lottery pick., but could be.  He needs to shape up in a number of areas; thus, he could be more highly motivated to listen to someone like Woodson or Howard.  CMW and staff will have to make a decision on that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

If it’s an academic problem, Love won’t work out here either. My concern is more with his past. When we were scavenging for players because we lost so many, I was all for it. After getting MM and Ware, I feel confident the right fit will come along. 

Michigan is the academic problem. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, slojoe said:

Love is not a sure fire lottery pick., but could be.  He needs to shape up in a number of areas; thus, he could be more highly motivated to listen to someone like Woodson or Howard.  CMW and staff will have to make a decision on that.

Yeah, I'd personally say no based on the undisciplined gunslinging I've seen from Love.  If Coach Woodson feels like he can tame him and sees Love as an asset, I'll trust his judgment and basketball experience over mine.  I'm guessing we'll soon know what Coach Woodson thinks of Caleb Love.  We have no idea if they got beyond an initial conversation last time around.  If word gets out that IU is reaching out again, then it's obvious Woodson wants him.  If we hear silence on IU's front, it's equally obvious that CMW's appraisal from their conversation last time around matches my impression.

• Like 4

For those dogging Trilly and how he had this wrong - he knew all along. That is the best Twitter account to follow and trust. Maybe not 100% but he is really dialed into things. 

yes, this is not a new thing for Michigan and they are going more and more this way even with general students. Really hard to get in. I bet his credits transfer fine to most other P5s. Will see. 

Edited by Initial79
  • Like 5