Transfers with IU Interest

5 minutes ago, iuhoopsfan90 said:

Would be a significant piece, but I think it's a long shot.  Don't see where IU could commit 30 minutes a game to him, and some of the others on his list should be able to do that.  

We need someone with his skill set that would be content playing 18-23 minutes a game.  

• Like 3

If 30+ min is his expectation he won't be at IU. And if IU needs him to play 30+ per game, they aren't as deep or good as we hope.

It's going to be difficult to find quality that's about team and winning, at this point. 

Maybe someone withdraws from the draft that warrants 30+ per game consideration. Or one of those international (virtually a pro) guys that comes out of knowhere.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Would be a significant piece, but I think it's a long shot.  Don't see where IU could commit 30 minutes a game to him, and some of the others on his list should be able to do that.  

We need someone with his skill set that would be content playing 18-23 minutes a game.  

Probably true, but it sounds like NIL is the biggest motivating factor for him transferring.  If it was only about playing time, he would have stayed at Rutgers.  It will be interesting what kind of NIL package he will command.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iuhoopsfan90 said:

Probably true, but it sounds like NIL is the biggest motivating factor for him transferring.  If it was only about playing time, he would have stayed at Rutgers.  It will be interesting what kind of NIL package he will command.  

Rumor out of Rutgers it was as little as 90k. Not sure if they meant they(RU) was 90k short or it’s just 90k. 

18 minutes ago, iuhoopsfan90 said:

I don’t think 5fouls is saying it's only about playing time, but while NIL might be the main motivating factor for the transfer, I highly doubt he wants to drop from starting and playing 30+mpg to platooning and down to 18-22'ish mpg. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Maybe Spencer would be content @ 20'ish minutes a game if he got the same volume of shots, and most were open. Woody's been really good at getting guys open looks. We just haven't had somebody consistently knock 'em down. 

And I would think our NIL breadcrumbs would be more than RU's NIL or most of the other schools. Like anything else in life you earn it. But like Woody says: "If you're looking for only a paycheck, we don't want you"

Edited by DWB
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Doors were open to Cook hall, its getting up to the coaches was the issue. I needed a climbing rope. 👨‍✈️

I remember one time I was able to get inside AH and got to the floor, also got inside Memorial Stadium as well. Down in Bloomington for work and me and my boss both huge sports fans wanted to try to get in both stadiums

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I remember one time I was able to get inside AH and got to the floor, also got inside Memorial Stadium as well. Down in Bloomington for work and me and my boss both huge sports fans wanted to try to get in both stadiums

I snuck inside AH and walked around the whole place...seen the real candy striped pants and watched Yogi putting up shots and then got kicked out...lol...I was in there for about a hour 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JcityHoosier said:

I snuck inside AH and walked around the whole place...seen the real candy striped pants and watched Yogi putting up shots and then got kicked out...lol...I was in there for about a hour 

We got in and out quickly before we got caught 

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Ive walked up the the arches on fieldhouse and got on roof for a sixer... getting down was waaayyyy worse

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

AH is always unlocked.

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

AH is always unlocked.

3 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Yep...I walked in one time, years ago and Coach Crean and one of his assistant coaches were jogging inside. I walked up the ramp as he was coming down and he stopped on his own and chatted with me for a few seconds. 

When I was a student, during the CBK era, I went into AH and the team was practicing. So I just stood up in the stands and watched for a few minutes. A student manager came up and asked what I was doing. I said I had purchased a concert ticket and just wanted to know where my seat would be (true). I was told I had to leave. No brief chat with CBK. 😀

• Sad 1