Transfers with IU Interest

8 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

When I was a student, during the CBK era, I went into AH and the team was practicing. So I just stood up in the stands and watched for a few minutes. A student manager came up and asked what I was doing. I said I had purchased a concert ticket and just wanted to know where my seat would be (true). I was told I had to leave. No brief chat with CBK. 😀

Yep, that doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't want my practices open to the public either. I was in Assembly Hall several times during the Coach Knight years and it was always like that. The doors were always closed with CLOSED PRACTICE on the outside. I always tried to see through the cracks on of the doors. That never lasted long either, because there was always security around all doors and ramps during practice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Yep, that doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't want my practices open to the public either. I was in Assembly Hall several times during the Coach Knight years and it was always like that. The doors were always closed with CLOSED PRACTICE on the outside. I always tried to see through the cracks on of the doors. That never lasted long either, because there was always security around all doors and ramps during practice.

Only time kicking people out didn’t go so well.  Kidding aside the Bluebaugh family were always nice. 

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/the-time-doug-blubaugh-pinned-bobby-knight-to-the-wall-at-indiana/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

247 lists IU as a potential suitor for Richmond grad transfer Tyler Burton if he pulls out of the NBA Draft 

"The 6-foot-7, 215-pound senior has more than 1,600 points on his resume. Burton ranked third in the A-10 in scoring last season, averaging a whopping 19.0 points per game to go along with 7.4 rebounds and 1.5 steals. Burton drained 55 3-pointers in 33 games."  

"Indiana: The Hoosiers do not have a veteran shot-maker on the wing. Burton would fix a ton of its (valid) shooting questions in a hurry."

What they don't say is, he was a 30% shooter from 3... 

21 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

247 lists IU as a potential suitor for Richmond grad transfer Tyler Burton if he pulls out of the NBA Draft 

"The 6-foot-7, 215-pound senior has more than 1,600 points on his resume. Burton ranked third in the A-10 in scoring last season, averaging a whopping 19.0 points per game to go along with 7.4 rebounds and 1.5 steals. Burton drained 55 3-pointers in 33 games."  

"Indiana: The Hoosiers do not have a veteran shot-maker on the wing. Burton would fix a ton of its (valid) shooting questions in a hurry."

A Burton belongs in Indiana. 🤓

IU is one of 1000 teams to reach out to Tennessee small forward Julian Phillips should he exit the NBA draft. 247 article states he is leaning to stay in the draft after an impressive combine.

Here is another kid, ave 8 points a game, wasn't even close to being the best player on his team but thinks he is ready to play in the NBA.

32 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I am so sick of hearing this myth about IU having nobody that can shoot.  Trey Galloway (46%) and Xavier Johnson (37%) say hello.  If a new player comes in shooting (possible) or a current roster player takes a leap like Galloway did last season (entirely possible), IU will have plenty of shooting.

I'm very much evolving to a "my team is on the floor" stance.  It won't bother me at all if IU stays right where they are.  I think they'll be better than most are giving them credit for.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Indykev said:

IU is one of 1000 teams to reach out to Tennessee small forward Julian Phillips should he exit the NBA draft. 247 article states he is leaning to stay in the draft after an impressive combine.

Here is another kid, ave 8 points a game, wasn't even close to being the best player on his team but thinks he is ready to play in the NBA.

Daniel Orton from UK was drafted in tbe first round after averaging 3 points and 3 rebs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I am so sick of hearing this myth about IU having nobody that can shoot.  Trey Galloway (46%) and Xavier Johnson (37%) say hello.  If a new player comes in shooting (possible) or a current roster player takes a leap like Galloway did last season (entirely possible), IU will have plenty of shooting.

I'm very much evolving to a "my team is on the floor" stance.  It won't bother me at all if IU stays right where they are.  I think they'll be better than most are giving them credit for.

I just think we need a guy that hits them at a similar clip that we currently have, but with higher volume. The guy looking to pull from three, and be a threat, anytime he’s CLOSE to open. And athletic enough to get a shot by himself. We didn’t have that last year. Lack of attempts/volume from 3 hurt us last year IMO.

MK could shoot, but didn’t attempt many bc he couldn’t get open. Trey isn’t the guy looking to score from the perimeter, even though he can make them. X isn’t either. He’s trying to get to the bucket, as he should. Mgbako may help here. I don’t know. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

The key is to be able to shoot with a high percentage on a decently high volume. Those two combined for 4.5 attempts per game. It’s great they had a good percentage but they aren’t going to fix IU’s shooting issues on their own. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

The key is to be able to shoot with a high percentage on a decently high volume. Those two combined for 4.5 attempts per game. It’s great they had a good percentage but they aren’t going to fix IU’s shooting issues on their own. 

So there's no chance that volume increases next season? 

I'll wager it will.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Yeah - we shot 15 threes per game last year and that probably is too low for a team without TJD. We need to replace 424 of our 544 three point attempts if my mental math is correct.

Theres obviously a lot that goes into that, but the point that having one more guy that can reliably make 2/5 every game is a valid point. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Wasn’t aware Steph was in the portal

Timberlake isn't either, and there's been no talk about Spencer to IU besides the "wish lists" on message boards and Twitter...

We have kids who sat on the bench last year and kids coming in that have talent... I like what Elston and Watford said... Time to give them their shot... 

• Like 2