Transfers with IU Interest

8 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

That was my question when he declared for the draft. WTH?

I don't know why every guy doesn't declare if you have professional aspirations. What harm does it do you doing drills, practicing and getting feedback from professional scouts, coaches and administrators. NBA guys aren't always looking at stats. They are looking at potential/size/skills that can be developed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

I don't know why every guy doesn't declare if you have professional aspirations. What harm does it do you doing drills, practicing and getting feedback from professional scouts, coaches and administrators. NBA guys aren't always looking at stats. They are looking at potential/size/skills that can be developed. 

And by declare I mean go through the process, not stay in the draft. 

• Like 2

Mongolian Mike is a really intriguing guy to bring in. I don’t think he’s a clear upgrade to Galloway, but I think he brings a lot to the table as a guard who can do a little bit of a lot of different things, and he’s got a lot of length obviously.

Really good depth piece - guess that is an indicator of where the coaches are on the backup guards that haven’t proven anything in college. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah I want this kid:

I’d rather take a flyer on him than most…but that is probably every good play he made last year and you could easily put a tape as cool looking or better of Galloway etc. He has a lot of work to do to add to his frame and improve his shooting but he does seem to have a nice feel for the game.

59 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’d rather take a flyer on him than most…but that is probably every good play he made last year and you could easily put a tape as cool looking or better of Galloway etc. He has a lot of work to do to add to his frame and improve his shooting but he does seem to have a nice feel for the game.

"take a flyer"

I see what you did there.😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Would he play the 2/3? 

I don't think this kid would start over Galloway but potentially having 6'3" at PG and then every other player on the floor at 6'8"+ is intriguing.

He could play 1-3. He would mostly play the 2-3 however unless injuries happened. That said I could see a situation he starts but also possibly comes off the bench. Flexibility is a good thing. That said Woody has to decide whether he wants to go all in or if he’s even a take. That hasn’t happened yet but could soon depending on what else happens the next 24 hours or so. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I’d rather get a stud or a one or two year guy for another 24 or 25 recruit. 

He just went through the NBA process and was invited to the G League camp. It looks like he will be a one or two year guy. We can't have a team full of 24 and 25 one and done players. it will set us back 5 years and we'll look like UK today. 7 scolly players and no one from the portal wants to go there. By the way, we wont get every 24 or 25 guy we offer. Players must come from some where else.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

MM was playing 28mpg 7p 3.5a 3r shooting 30% from 3, the first 19 games of the year, starting 17 of them.  

Then his mins changed. 

Hmm…wonder what changed. Got into conference play and suddenly the mins dropped. He might play a little too free flowing…too much off script and we all know coaches like control especially when you are playing tight highly contested games.

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Hmm…wonder what changed. Got into conference play and suddenly the mins dropped. He might play a little too free flowing…too much off script and we all know coaches like control especially when you are playing tight highly contested games.

Thats how I envisioned it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

Why does it matter if he is better than Galloway or not? We need depth, not someone to start over Trey. 

• Like 3