Transfers with IU Interest

10 minutes ago, IndyHoosier22 said:

Does IU go after him?

No. Early in the off-season we might have traded efficiency for volume. Now we have enough guys who can get us a bucket that we don't need to make that sacrifice. We also have a lot of young talent that will need opportunity, opportunity they won't get if Love puts himself at the front of the offense.

I guess I'm in the minority and realize he's a risk but I would take him. He has the talent to take this team from a potentially really good team to a potential contender and I just don't see anyone else who is realistic that could do that. If Coach Woodson can get him to play within himself and turn him into a high draft pick I think that also might help us reach the next level in recruiting (just my two cents) but I do understand the hesitation about taking him. 

• Like 9

Basketball aside for a second, if Love isn't able to meet the academic requirements for Michigan, does it look good for IU if he's able to land here?

Strip away the NIL money, fit, skill, and all of that. Just from a school perspective -- is that something that becomes a blemish, or does it not matter.

Cause when I look at Love's situation with Michigan, I can laugh at the program for not getting him, but I actually respect the school for maintaining a certain academic standard.

• Like 4