2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

12 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

He is supposed to be here today, but now sure the time frame. He needs to see and feel some Hoosier Hospitality today from fans that are out and about. I would love to see pics from fans in town today, if they can spot him! Hopefully, if Woodson is up to it, he can take him out to Buffalouies, Nicks to eat.

Hope Woody is able to get out… it’s been a couple of weeks since his surgery, so he should be able to handle the visit. 

Edited by Hoosier4Life53
  • Like 1

HERE WE GO!!!

We can already check off weather, restaurants, pics on campus, "insider" chatter, and the "intensity" of our recruiting. C'mon gang, let's fill this IU Bingo card!!!

Credit: @Zuckerkorn

1. School offers player - "I am blessed to recieve an offer from Jippippy University".

>>JIPPIPPY MESSAGE BOARD: "👀 Hell yeah! He's a stud. Gotta get him on campus! Heard he's interested in Booger State cause his aunt was a walk-on there, but our coaches and NIL are better, so it's a no-brainer for him to come here. Plus, he averaged 11 in high school, so he'll totally come in, unseat the 3-year incumbent, average 29 min/game and probably score like 15-18 just based off a quick analysis of his summer league games. An absolute MUST GET."

2. At beginning of on site visit, via social media - "Hey Jippippy peeps, in the house!" (transparent plea for the all so valuable "Likes" & "Follows".

>>JMB: "YES!! ...Oh no, Is the weather good? It can't rain, that would be bad luck. Who's his lead recruiter? Anybody got pictures of him on campus? He NEEDS to eat at Darnaby's Greasy Spoon! How many of the current team followed him? He's really good. 29 min/game isn't enough. He's listed as a PF, but this is positionless basketball, so he probably should just play at the point because he can dribble with his left hand really well. Expect a decision soon... tea leaves are looking good for us."

3. At conclusion of visit - "Thanks to coach Whipslade for a great visit.  Coach showed me how I'd be used on the floor.  Let's GO Jippippy Pirates!"

>>JMB: "He looks great in black and yellow polka dots. Our staff is amazing. Best in the country. He's gonna come in, be a stud and it's likely one and done. Gonna be great for Whipslade and the program."

4. The following day - "Really enjoyed my visit at Jippippy.  I am NOT committed"

>>JMB: "What happened? Did the visit go poorly? Was the cereal stale? I bet the cereal was stale! Booger State's cereal isn't stale. They get the best cereal in their new athlete center. Jippippy is so behind the curve. How could we let this happen. He's going somewhere else."

5. Several days later - "Hey Northwest Southeastern U, in the house!"

>>JMB: "See. Always knew it. We're cursed. Terrible staff. NSU swoops in and steals him. That's on Coach Whipslade. Just can't close, what a loser. Same old story, every time."

6. Rinse & Repeat.

😦😃😦😃😦😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

This feel eerily similar to Ledlum but we’re Tennessee in this recruitment. Let’s hope for a similar outcome.

70440916-9ABF-4F6A-902D-803A489EBA97.jpeg

From all accounts they are throwing everything at him. I like IUs chances because he didn’t just commit on the spot. IU has a wide open spot with almost unlimited playing time. Kansas doesn’t. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MoyeCowbell said:

HERE WE GO!!!

We can already check off weather, restaurants, pics on campus, "insider" chatter, and the "intensity" of our recruiting. C'mon gang, let's fill this IU Bingo card!!!

Credit: @Zuckerkorn

1. School offers player - "I am blessed to recieve an offer from Jippippy University".

>>JIPPIPPY MESSAGE BOARD: "👀 Hell yeah! He's a stud. Gotta get him on campus! Heard he's interested in Booger State cause his aunt was a walk-on there, but our coaches and NIL are better, so it's a no-brainer for him to come here. Plus, he averaged 11 in high school, so he'll totally come in, unseat the 3-year incumbent, average 29 min/game and probably score like 15-18 just based off a quick analysis of his summer league games. An absolute MUST GET."

2. At beginning of on site visit, via social media - "Hey Jippippy peeps, in the house!" (transparent plea for the all so valuable "Likes" & "Follows".

>>JMB: "YES!! ...Oh no, Is the weather good? It can't rain, that would be bad luck. Who's his lead recruiter? Anybody got pictures of him on campus? He NEEDS to eat at Darnaby's Greasy Spoon! How many of the current team followed him? He's really good. 29 min/game isn't enough. He's listed as a PF, but this is positionless basketball, so he probably should just play at the point because he can dribble with his left hand really well. Expect a decision soon... tea leaves are looking good for us."

3. At conclusion of visit - "Thanks to coach Whipslade for a great visit.  Coach showed me how I'd be used on the floor.  Let's GO Jippippy Pirates!"

>>JMB: "He looks great in black and yellow polka dots. Our staff is amazing. Best in the country. He's gonna come in, be a stud and it's likely one and done. Gonna be great for Whipslade and the program."

4. The following day - "Really enjoyed my visit at Jippippy.  I am NOT committed"

>>JMB: "What happened? Did the visit go poorly? Was the cereal stale? I bet the cereal was stale! Booger State's cereal isn't stale. They get the best cereal in their new athlete center. Jippippy is so behind the curve. How could we let this happen. He's going somewhere else."

5. Several days later - "Hey Northwest Southeastern U, in the house!"

>>JMB: "See. Always knew it. We're cursed. Terrible staff. NSU swoops in and steals him. That's on Coach Whipslade. Just can't close, what a loser. Same old story, every time."

6. Rinse & Repeat.

😦😃😦😃😦😃

Booger State is the alma mater of our very own @bluegrassIU.

He had to dig extra deep, but he finally grad--he--ate--d.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Honestly, I think he was joking with that one tweet

I think he's simply fishing for hits...But that's just me...

I think a lot of these guys simply make a general statement to generate traffic on their twitter account...Geez, how far out on a limb are you when you say Self tried to get MM to commit on his visit?

Ah, it's just me...Old and grouchy...and don't understand a world where being truthful is viewed as a handicap...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think a lot of these guys simply make a general statement to generate traffic on their twitter account...Geez, how far out on a limb are you when you say Slef tried to get MM to commit on his visit?

Ah, it's just me...Old and grouchy...and don't understand a world where being truthful is viewed as a handicap...

Where’s Hershey when you need him?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I think a lot of these guys simply make a general statement to generate traffic on their twitter account...Geez, how far out on a limb are you when you say Self tried to get MM to commit on his visit?

Ah, it's just me...Old and grouchy...and don't understand a world where being truthful is viewed as a handicap...image.png.d7ecc167aeb4465c6703493d8fc28ff8.png

No lies detected.

• Haha 2