2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

Wait! Where's the part where Hershey Steelpecker writes the puff piece about how he'll dominate the league and be the best college player since Al Lewcindor? 

🙂

Yes, how could I have missed that?! Steelpecker could easily churn out 800 words on this.

As for the confusion, I really blame @Zuckerkorn for all this tomfu#@ery.

He alley'd and I had to oop.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Yes, how could I have missed that?! Steelpecker could easily churn out 800 words on this.

As for the confusion, I really blame @Zuckerkorn for all this tomfu#@ery.

He alley'd and I had to oop.

Henceforth to be known as "Chunky Copperwhang" 🥸

Edited by Zuckerkorn
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Yes, but it seems like Kansas would love to a Mgbako/Dickinson Combo, going to be a tough one but we shall see!

Kansas also had Jaylen Tyson visit before Mgbako. Certainly, it’s a precautionary move by Kansas assuming they think they get Dickinson plus 1 more…but I wouldn’t call them sure favorites for Mgbako. Nobody knows. He visits us this weekend. 

• Like 4

Just now, Hoosier987 said:

Kansas also had Jaylen Tyson visit before Mgbako. Certainly, it’s a precautionary move by Kansas assuming they think they get Dickinson plus 1 more…but I wouldn’t call them sure favorites for Mgbako. Nobody knows. He visits us this weekend. 

Also seems like the consensus on the KU boards that if it ends up Tyson and Dickinson committing, they will not make room for Mgbako 

19 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

Why are you getting so angry? If Mack comes here I’ll be thrilled. I’m just saying St John’s isn’t some school of the poor like you are describing. Good god. Transfers don’t only care about NIL. They want to do this thing called WIN. Not everything is about money. 

And because I say pay Yasir whatever he wants means someone is comitting? In what world does that make sense. I said hes our best recruiter and we need to pay him whatever he wants to stay. And yes, I do think we have a good shot with Dingle.

My IQ has officially been lowered by responding to you. Enjoy creeping on social media.

I can’t 🤣 angry 😡 

Sounds good “insider” - keep up with the cryptic messages that lead to no reality. 

fyi… yes, Dingle is visiting and was known for some time. Heck, when he announced this was very apparent with those connected to him and further backed up earlier this week.  But if I say anything I have you and like 5 others that will tell me I know nothing. Still waiting on Love and Shedrick. When will that happen? 

You win, you are my first ignore on here. That took some work. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Apparently Tyson is a Cal lean 

Yeah, is that mainly ON3 again? I am seeing that portal season seems to be very different from normal recruiting. So many not going to the lock or lean. Ledlum, Knecht and many more. I have to imagine it is a lot harder getting info in these recruitments.  Lot of people guessing and losing. 

I don’t think that Kansas visit was that great no matter what the 24/7 guy said. Too many things don’t add up there. Only the mom, short visit, no social follows (did with St John’s) etc.  just seems like that was a typical 24/7 Rabby like write up. “We feel we are in great position, family loved the visit, might not even go to others, etc.” Then message boards go nuts. The were pushing that kid out regardless. 

Still feels like this guy is all business and will take all visits. Money, playing time and coach connections all measured.  Still think IU checks every box the best on this one. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Initial79 said:

I can’t 🤣 angry 😡 

Sounds good “insider” - keep up with the cryptic messages that lead to no reality. 

fyi… yes, Dingle is visiting and was known for some time. Heck, when he announced this was very apparent with those connected to him and further backed up earlier this week.  But if I say anything I have you and like 5 others that will tell me I know nothing. Still waiting on Love and Shedrick. When will that happen? 

You win, you are my first ignore on here. That took some work. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Initial79 said:

Yeah, is that mainly ON3 again? I am seeing that portal season seems to be very different from normal recruiting. So many not going to the lock or lean. Ledlum, Knecht and many more. I have to imagine it is a lot harder getting info in these recruitments.  Lot of people guessing and losing. 

I don’t think that Kansas visit was that great no matter what the 24/7 guy said. Too many things don’t add up there. Only the mom, short visit, no social follows (did with St John’s) etc.  just seems like that was a typical 24/7 Rabby like write up. “We feel we are in great position, family loved the visit, might not even go to others, etc.” Then message boards go nuts. The were pushing that kid out regardless. 

Still feels like this guy is all business and will take all visits. Money, playing time and coach connections all measured.  Still think IU checks every box the best on this one. 

247 sports actually has Tyson as 100% Cal fwiw

Dickinson announcing today. Should be interesting to see if it’s Kansas. Remember, if Dickinson goes to Kansas…Mgbako would have to compete for offensive touches (and likely be behind Dickinson on the scout report) which seemed like a  issue at Duke with several of their returnees.

Edited by Hoosier987

11 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Dickinson announcing today. Should be interesting to see if it’s Kansas. Remember, if Dickinson goes to Kansas…Mgbako would have to compete for offensive touches (and likely be behind Dickinson on the scout report) which seemed like a  issue at Duke with several of their returnees.

I'd love the opportunity to beat Dickinson one last time (why do i feel awkward writing that?).

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What is funny he is having these same kind of arguments on BTB. He plays the victim on both sites not realizing he is the one causing the problems.

This was my favorite exchange to read.

On 5/3/2023 at 12:42 AM, Ngw7183 said:

@Hovadipo - what was confusing here? 

Continuing to tell really smart posters what they don't understand - when they pretty clearly do understand - is confusing and a bit irritating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1