2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

2 hours ago, psychobat said:

I get it Scott…..but look at what you actually said, which is exactly what I quoted.  It doesn’t say anything about Kansas or anyone else - it says you don’t go to other message boards, which other IU sites are other message boards.  It’s really not that hard to figure out….

Although you may have a point on the recent post of IUScott, he has long maintained that he doesn't go to the sites of other teams.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

I like getting other visits ahead of us. I don’t like that one of them is Kansas. 🤷‍♂️

If IU wants to get back to final 4’s they need to start winning recruiting battles against the likes of Kansas and Duke.

Are we there yet? Let’s hope so!

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

If IU wants to get back to final 4’s they need to start winning recruiting battles against the likes of Kansas and Duke.

Are we there yet? Let’s hope so!

The only times I can recall us winning a recruiting battle with Kansas were Romeo Langford and James Blackmon Jr. Being the home state school obviously helped us with both of them. Getting an out of state 5 star prospect that Kansas and Duke both wanted would be monumental, if not unprecedented. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

The only times I can recall us winning a recruiting battle with Kansas were Romeo Langford and James Blackmon Jr. Being the home state school obviously helped us with both of them. Getting an out of state 5 star prospect that Kansas and Duke both wanted would be monumental, if not unprecedented. 

Didn't Kansas make a late push on Galloway?

Kansas really doesn’t have room for him. Now, their fans which are talking plenty on Twitter (maybe not their forums) about him claim they will just push a guy out. Things is, if Hunter goes there they have no open scholarships and heavily involved with multiple other guys. 

Keep in my the sole reason he didn’t stay with Duke is playing time, that will matter a lot here.  I just don’t see him going there at all based on this. 

St John’s - is the feel good, home school. It doesn’t work when it comes to money. 

My gut, adding a few comments together from multiple places, yes, some social media stuff and more. His leader was Louisville and he was looking at Rutgers and St John’s for close to home options. They didn’t have the money to compete with Louisville and he knows the assistant there. He has Adidas money lined up and is connected with the main Adidas agent. So, Louisville messed some things up (maybe over committing things to multiple guys?). The Adidas guy says “here are 2 more options.” All the sudden he is visiting IU and Kansas. Lots of other schools like Alabama, Arkansas, UNC etc are still very active for top guys but he adds 2 big Adidas schools???

I am the biggest supporter of social media meaning lots. However, I have said many times that too many read things wrong. For example, someone said none of our players have followed him since his visit. Not true. Lots have. Also, not every follow means the same thing. Not a single person followed Walker at all but I knew he was planning to commit when he came here (said that on here) because he added Tipton Edits the day he came in (all the guys do that before announcing)

Now, what does the unfollow mean? Not fully sure but have a feeling it doenst mean what people are reading into it. Just because guys decide not to visit doesn’t mean they immediately stop following. Heck, X still follows Knecht but not even Walker. 

Ware, Cupps, Howard and more still do. Also one staff but important people connected as well to him. There is strategy on who they want certain guys to connect with. For example, the have X on Dingle. Maybe in this case, they want Ware to help sell him since they are coming from a similar top recruit position etc. there was a reason but probably not important. Keep in mind he is a recruit and not a transfer. There could be some really odd NCAA rule here they are trying to be careful of. 

What this should prove is while social media can be tricky to read, there is way more to this than some want to ever believe. This is even the avenue where important guys for NiL, big money fans, agents, life style guys etc can all connect with a recruit but they still are not allowed to call him. That is a violation. There is even rules on what they can post, retweet, comment, like etc. but this is how it is done now. 

long post short. I honestly believe IU will be the leader at the end of this. Too many things play to our favor. I also don’t think this guy commits fast. He will take every visit. This is all business and he already left freaking Duke. He will take all things into account and not be sold on a visit.  If not, the staff has so many options now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5