2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

8 hours ago, Initial79 said:

It all depends on timing, context, how active that user is, not just follows but likes, follows and follow backs outside of players and coaches etc. but it is not just as simple as this player follows this guy.  There is a reason I said Mgbako was in play for us before it came out of nowhere to everyone else. Doenst make me some insider like Zion. If I was, I would have been wrong on that. 

Is it an exact science, hell no, but again, this is how recruiting is done now and we can choose to try and read things that give us hints or don’t. Right now, Woody has really clamped down on info getting out so this is one of the few ways you can find some info. But have to be careful how it is read. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

I was just wondering if the big time do ors will have to choose to donate money for facilities or NIL. Even for the ultra rich you have to think there is a limit they would want to donate. Wonder if it is more important to donate money for the NIL to help get players. The problem is if your facilities are lacking then you don't get the top players.

50 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What is sad is that the players of today are the one that is actually getting the big money. When it is so obvious the level of player today in college is so much weaker than the 80's and 90's. 

I am not sure I buy that.  They were better in some areas (namely free throw shooting) but I wouldn't say overall. 

There is a lot more parity overall as well since you don't need to go to a big school to be on TV or get publicity anymore.  There is no channel 4 advantage for the big boys.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

So when/if this guy commits to St. John’s will you come on here and announce how full of sh*t your two week schtick has been and not post anymore? 

There’s plenty of “city” money floating around St. John’s, especially when they’re relevant. Pitino is a splash hire and a name that resonates throughout all 5 boroughs. I lived in NYC for 2 years during the height of the Carnesecca years in the 80’s and can tell you that city cares deeply when St. John’s is good at basketball.

The Garden will be electric this year against UConn.

Sure man… as soon as you stop posting about how the staff can’t land any guards and Zion stops trolling me like he knows anything. You two love to act like you know everything while running off any poster who doesn’t want to agree.  Both of your fake knowledge shticks gets old too. I am again speaking for the people who have DMed me. They still don’t post because of it. 

Your knowledge of how this works stopped years ago.  You continue to quote how things were. News flash, things change and have drastically with NiL and your knowledge of how things were with these schools doesn’t apply.  Every time it is about how you went to games in the 80s in Arkansas, lived in New York in the 80s and trust me… yeah, well, IU was different in the 80s too. 

Better yet, what will you do when he doesn’t go there?  Or when this staff lands more than 1 top wing/guard? Will you stop posting once both are true?  I am willing to make that bet no problem. 

oh, again for Zion since you like to troll every post I make. Thanks for that HUGE insight today on Dingle “Chatter.” That was a big leap on that one 🤣 

The personalities on this board are something else while acting like my schtick is old. Sure 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, RoadToZion said:

St. John’s has plenty of pull. You are also forgetting that it’s Pitino. He’s been getting kids money for decades. NIL isn’t the only way players make $. Slick Rick has connections. 

He hasn’t landed a single top target. Not one. All the guys he has are mid and/or from his old team. It is like you guys believe he is some boogeyman.

This is not Rick for years ago when he used hookers, drugs and money while others couldn’t play that way. He is finding that out. 

11 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I am not sure I buy that.  They were better in some areas (namely free throw shooting) but I wouldn't say overall. 

There is a lot more parity overall as well since you don't need to go to a big school to be on TV or get publicity anymore.  There is no channel 4 advantage for the big boys.

Just meaning top end talent today isn't like it use to be and those are the ones getting big money. Not blaming it on the the players but they don't stay in college long enough to be great college players. Besides the big men who don't have a big future in the NBA the other top players go early.

Edited by IU Scott

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

From what I gather from your post is you know everything and nobody else knows anything 

What did me pointing out that only his mom went have anything to do with that Scott?  How is that me acting like I know everything? I was commenting on the picture. 

Is there some unwritten set of rules I didn’t get around here? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Initial79 said:

What did me pointing out that only his mom went have anything to do with that Scott?  How is that me acting like I know everything? I was commenting on the picture. 

Is there some unwritten set of rules I didn’t get around here? 

Quoted the wrong post

23 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Sure man… as soon as you stop posting about how the staff can’t land any guards and Zion stops trolling me like he knows anything. You two love to act like you know everything while running off any poster who doesn’t want to agree.  Both of your fake knowledge shticks gets old too. I am again speaking for the people who have DMed me. They still don’t post because of it. 

Your knowledge of how this works stopped years ago.  You continue to quote how things were. News flash, things change and have drastically with NiL and your knowledge of how things were with these schools doesn’t apply.  Every time it is about how you went to games in the 80s in Arkansas, lived in New York in the 80s and trust me… yeah, well, IU was different in the 80s too. 

Better yet, what will you do when he doesn’t go there?  Or when this staff lands more than 1 top wing/guard? Will you stop posting once both are true?  I am willing to make that bet no problem. 

oh, again for Zion since you like to troll every post I make. Thanks for that HUGE insight today on Dingle “Chatter.” That was a big leap on that one 🤣 

The personalities on this board are something else while acting like my schtick is old. Sure 🤣

Meant to write this post

Just now, IU Scott said:

Quoted the wrong post

Oh, so you want to just tell me I am a know it all on another post? 😂

Scott, I actually like like you even if you have went at me more than once but if there was ever someone who needs to look in the mirror man. I mean, you are the most steadfast,  opinionated person on any board I have ever seen. 

It don’t claim to know everything man, far, far from it. There are just a few things that I know well and not going to back off on something I believe I am right on (sound familiar?)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Initial79 said:

Oh, so you want to just tell me I am a know it all on another post? 😂

Scott, I actually like like you even if you have went at me more than once but if there was ever someone who needs to look in the mirror man. I mean, you are the most steadfast,  opinionated person on any board I have ever seen. 

It don’t claim to know everything man, far, far from it. There are just a few things that I know well and not going to back off on something I believe I am right on (sound familiar?)

It just seems like you have trouble with other people's opinion and it isn't just this board. You seem to not act well with others on this board and BTB.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It just seems like you have trouble with other people's opinion and it isn't just this board. You seem to not act well with others on this board and BTB.

Scott, what you don’t see are the the people who DM, people who like, comment etc. positively. I have no problem with opinions.

There are too many who act like their opinions are facts and then ironically try to lay that claim on me.  I have even been more and more on point to say things like my opinion, I believe etc. it doesn’t matter to a few key people. They know it all and while tell you.

Zion saying “they offered him plenty” - so you were in the room huh? So I can’t refute that to say it doesn’t make sense in this NiL world. I even gave a link before to IndyResident that proved Tenn was number 1 NIL collective but his “opinion” they don’t use it for basketball. See my point? 

Let’s get this back on track. 

• Haha 3