2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

6 minutes ago, Bville_Hoosier said:

I wouldnā€™t get too excited about this recruitment. Reading the tea leaves and it appears we are out of the running or VERY slim chance here. Dingle, come on down, youā€™re the next contestant on, Who Wants To Be A Hoosier!

What tea leaves are you talking aboutĀ 

1 minute ago, Bville_Hoosier said:

Kansas didnā€™t get Tyson to commit on his visit so theyā€™re all in on Mgbako and scheduled his visit to get him on campus ASAP. Couple that with X and Trey unfollowing on IG and you can see this one is pretty much over.

Might be but if he still visits IU we still have a chanceĀ 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bville_Hoosier said:

Kansas didnā€™t get Tyson to commit on his visit so theyā€™re all in on Mgbako and scheduled his visit to get him on campus ASAP. Couple that with X and Trey unfollowing on IG and you can see this one is pretty much over.

So just because Kansas wants him, it means the recruitment is over. Maybe he will like what IU has to offer over what KU can

Ā 

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

Just now, TheWatShot said:

The people who "read tea leaves" remind me of the people who had cootie catchers when we were kids.Ā 

Just like Ledlum was coming here because who he followed

Ā We saw how that ended up. Why not wait until all the visits are finished before we proclaim that he is going to KU

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bville_Hoosier said:

Surprisingly, KU 247 board has been awfully quiet about him this week, not a peep at all. KU has a very strong point saying he could be the next Jaelin Wilson for KU, question is, how bad does Mgbako want KU? Recruiting is a mess overall, if you truly want to dig into it

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

Some dude on BTB's said "I heard X and TG unfollowed him on IG"

No idea if we get Mgbako or not, but geez we're off the rails here. What do we think, the staff gets bad news on a recruit and then immediately sends a mass text to the team so everyone knows to unfollow the recruit?

This is nuts.Ā 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

All that matters now is a great selling point and visit

For me when I say the fans can be a hindrance it is things on social media. Especially for guys who want to keep things quiet getting a bunch of IU fans following you might be a turn off.Ā  Our fans can be over zealous in their enthusiasm and think they are helping but it probably isn't helpingĀ 

• Like 2

Just now, IU Scott said:

For me when I say the fans can be a hindrance it is things on social media. Especially for guys who want to keep things quiet getting a bunch of IU fans following you might be a turn off.Ā  Our fans can be over zealous in their enthusiasm and think they are helping but it probably isn't helpingĀ 

If that's the case here, then he probably should be interested in Kansas either.Ā 

21 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Some dude on BTB's said "I heard X and TG unfollowed him on IG"

No idea if we get Mgbako or not, but geez we're off the rails here. What do we think, the staff gets bad news on a recruit and then immediately sends a mass text to the team so everyone knows to unfollow the recruit?

This is nuts.Ā 

Maybe he disrespected their Mommaā€™s.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I don't go to other message boards but someone said there isn't much being talked about Mgbako on Kansas boards.

You were talking about fans following him on social media.Ā 

I guarantee Kansas fans are just as crazy on platforms like Twitter and IG.Ā 

• Like 1