2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

20 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

Has Self been doing much since his heart procedure?

He’s living in the portal

“I need to be on the phone, I need to be living in the portal right now," Self said. "And that's what we're doing."

https://247sports.com/college/kansas/Article/Kansas-basketball-transfer-portal-Bill-Self-talks-KU-offseason-needs-208117292/Amp/

• Thanks 2

On 4/27/2023 at 9:49 PM, cthomas said:

I'm not sure what the requirements are, but I remember listening to a radio broadcast many years ago where Al Unser, Jr. was going to drive for some promotion. Glad to see it's still around.

In 1988, Al Unser Jr was supposed to take the Wienermobile for a few easy laps at the Indy Motor Speedway.  Take it slow, wave to the crowd, pose for pictures. 

Instead, he blasted it to a maxed-out 110 miles an hour, just to see what it could do.  That was, and remains, the all-time Wienermobile world speed record.

It is still unknown if he had permission.

Edited by Madison22
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

In a 1988 promotion, Al Unser Jr was supposed to take the Wienermobile for a few easy laps at the Indy Motor Speedway.  Take it slow, wave to the crowd, pose for pictures. 

Instead, he blasted it to a maxed-out 110 miles an hour, just to see what it could do.  That was, and remains, the all-time Wienermobile world speed record.

It is still unknown if he had permission for that.

😂😂😂

Sounds just like "Little Al".  I know he had some issues, but he was one of my favorites of that era.

...and now back to NIL Bandits and as the Portal Turns...

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, slojoe said:

We seem to be going for (or maybe just getting) more bigs.  Wonder what the strategy is?  Maybe just get the best players we can regardless of position?  Maybe we are better set at wing/guard and don't necessarily need another.

He is not a “big” 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Madison22 said:

In a 1988 promotion, Al Unser Jr was supposed to take the Wienermobile for a few easy laps at the Indy Motor Speedway.  Take it slow, wave to the crowd, pose for pictures. 

It is still unknown if he had permission for that.

I wonder if he was sober at the time? Sounds exactly like something he would do.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, no clue how this will end up and we've seen things make sense one way but then go the other, but it just makes sense. 

St. John's: proven coach, but new program and new roster. Not ideal for a one and done. 

Louisville: assistant he seems to love, but unproven head coach, new roster largely, messy situation. Not ideal for a one and done. 

Kansas: proven coach, winning program, strong but crowded roster. Ideal for a one and done, but you hope the loaded roster is a negative not a positive. 

Indiana: proven NBA coach, trending up college coach. Several returnees, including a veteran point guard. Strong at the 4/5 so he won't be a small ball 4 and will be a wing. Clear need for his role and skillset. Just had a one and done so you know that works. It makes the most sense. 

That's probably a crimson colored glasses view, but again it seems to make sense. 

Recruiting doesn't always make sense though.  Just be careful with the idea that Indiana should be in the driver's seat.  We have a tendency (like you said) to take the crimson colored glasses view and then when it doesn't work out, there is a huge freak out.

This would be a really nice pick up, let's see how it plays out though.

• Like 2