2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

2 hours ago, RoadToZion said:

I said they CAN offer him plenty. Because well, they can. How in the world does that mean ā€œI was in the roomā€. You are making zero sense.

Ā 

Sure man, they ā€œcanā€ - by all recent info they canā€™t. Ā Maybe they have some secret bag that only you know about. But I do not see how they compete with the other 3 on money. they donā€™t have the NIL collective funds, they donā€™t have the social media followings that lead to sponsorships, Nike for sure isnā€™t throwing big money their way, etc. are they poor, heck no. But they are not Arkansas Alabama, Georgia or Tenn either. They also used up lots of funds to replace all the guys he decide to dump. IU can combine Adidas, social, collective etc. and that is too much for them.Ā 

They only land him if he wants to be close to home and him committing to Duke originally doesnā€™t say that. Also, if they ā€œcanā€ - why not Hunter, Timberlake, Ledlum and every other big name portal guy they wanted? They didnā€™t have the money and they havenā€™t landed a single portal guy anything beyond mid. Pitino is so good he canā€™t close anyone worth anything.Ā 

butā€¦ you know. I know you have the info. Let me see if I can remember this right ā€œbecause you have posted for 15 years going back to the scout days. People need to get off your nuts because you told us the bag man has Love but Shedrick may pop first.ā€ Then few weeks later ā€œwe need to pay Ya whatever he wantsā€ no commitment since then. Oh sorry, Walker and you know that was not even on your radar then.Ā 

soā€¦ what have you been right on in the past few months? But you call me out like I know nothing? Maybe I donā€™t but that is rich coming from you.Ā 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Thanks but I havenā€™t heard of too many bad ones.

Exactly, the Kansas 24/7 guys notes could have been word for word on what Rabby said after Ledlum. I mean, it was almost like it was a copy and paste. ā€œStaff feels great, really feel like we may lead here. visits still scheduled but we will see if he takes themā€Ā 

This guy will take all visits. Doesnā€™t seem to be emotion tied to this one. Why leave Duke to go back into potentially the same situation with multiple guys looking to commit to them? He wants to see all options and all offers. It is almost like he scheduled that Louisville visit while there too based on timing butā€¦ who knows. I actually believe IU checks all his boxes the best but Louisville is probably still the slight lead while being a mess.Ā 

Why are you getting so angry? If Mack comes here Iā€™ll be thrilled. Iā€™m just saying St Johnā€™s isnā€™t some school of the poor like you are describing. Good god.Ā Transfers donā€™t only care about NIL. They want to do this thing called WIN. Not everything is about money.Ā 

And because I say pay Yasir whatever he wants means someone is comitting? In what world does that make sense. I said hes our best recruiter and we need to pay him whatever he wants to stay. And yes, I do think we have a good shot with Dingle.

My IQ has officially been lowered by responding to you. Enjoy creeping on social media.

Edited by RoadToZion
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Doesn't it usually follow the script?

1. School offers player - "I am blessed to recieve an offer from Jippippy University".

2. At beginning of on site visit, via social media - "Hey Jippippy peeps, in the house!" (transparent plea for the all so valuable "Likes" & "Follows".

3. At conclusion of visit - "Thanks to coach Whipslade for a great visit.Ā  Coach showed me how I'd be used on the floor.Ā  Let's GO Jippippy Pirates!"

4. The following day - "Really enjoyed my visit at Jippippy.Ā  I am NOT committed"

5. Several days later - "Hey Northwest Southeastern U, in the house!"

6. Rinse & Repeat.

šŸ˜¦šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜¦šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜¦šŸ˜ƒ

you left out "RESPECT MY DECISION!" lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

looks like this one is still a few weeks away based on our visit this upcoming weekend and UL visit next weekend.Ā  Of course, that can change with a commitment on the spot at either of the two remaining visits.Ā 

Is UL visit next weekend or early next week?Ā 

2 hours ago, Zuckerkorn said:

Doesn't it usually follow the script?

1. School offers player - "I am blessed to recieve an offer from Jippippy University".

>>JIPPIPPY MESSAGE BOARD: "šŸ‘€Ā Hell yeah! He's a stud. Gotta get him on campus! Heard he's interested in Booger State cause his aunt was a walk-on there, but our coaches and NIL are better, so it's a no-brainer for him to come here. Plus, he averaged 11 in high school, so he'll totally come in, unseat the 3-year incumbent, average 29 min/game and probably score like 15-18 just based off a quick analysis of his summer league games. An absolute MUST GET."

2. At beginning of on site visit, via social media - "Hey Jippippy peeps, in the house!" (transparent plea for the all so valuable "Likes" & "Follows".

>>JMB: "YES!! ...Oh no, Is the weather good? It can't rain, that would be bad luck. Who's his lead recruiter? Anybody got pictures of him on campus? He NEEDS to eat at Darnaby's Greasy Spoon! How many of the current team followed him? He's really good. 29 min/game isn't enough. He's listed as a PF, but this is positionless basketball, so he probably should just play at the point because he can dribble with his left hand really well. Expect a decision soon... tea leaves are looking good for us."

3. At conclusion of visit - "Thanks to coach Whipslade for a great visit.Ā  Coach showed me how I'd be used on the floor.Ā  Let's GO Jippippy Pirates!"

>>JMB: "He looks great in black and yellow polka dots. Our staff is amazing. Best in the country. He's gonna come in, be a stud and it's likely one and done. Gonna be great for Whipslade and the program."

4. The following day - "Really enjoyed my visit at Jippippy.Ā  I am NOT committed"

>>JMB: "What happened? Did the visit go poorly? Was the cereal stale? I bet the cereal was stale! Booger State's cereal isn't stale. They get the best cereal in their new athlete center. Jippippy is so behind the curve. How could we let this happen. He's going somewhere else."

5. Several days later - "Hey Northwest Southeastern U, in the house!"

>>JMB: "See. Always knew it. We're cursed. Terrible staff. NSU swoops in and steals him. That's on Coach Whipslade. Just can't close, what a loser. Same old story, every time."

6. Rinse & Repeat.

šŸ˜¦šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜¦šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜¦šŸ˜ƒ

Ā 

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, Between2Halls said:

Truth is, we didnā€™t want him anyway. Thereā€™s a stud about to enter the portal that weā€™ve been on since he scored 26 against us in Maui.Ā 

Ahhh yes I remember that night in Maui very well. The sound of waves as the sun set over the horizon combined the with ocean's saltiness, my wife nagging me about going to a basketball game on our honeymoon and that bastard hitting 8 threes against us.Ā 

Oh what a night, late November back in 63'

Edited by SawatchHoosier
  • Haha 8

Just now, SawatchHoosier said:

Ahhh yes I remember that night in Maui very well. The sound of waves as the sunset over the horizon combined the with ocean's saltiness, my wife nagging me about going to a basketball game on our honeymoon and that bastard hitting 8 threes against us.Ā 

I thought Bill Walton had taken over your account there for a second.Ā  Like where is this going.Ā Ā 

• Haha 2