2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

30 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

^ my wife is following other guys on instagram, does that mean she is going to divorce me? :panic:👀☹️😓

Well looking at the national averages....... Oh never mind that stuff, unless it's tender then you might start collecting your personal items. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Initial79 said:

I am the biggest supporter of social media meaning lots. However, I have said many times that too many read things wrong. For example, someone said none of our players have followed him since his visit. Not true. Lots have. Also, not every follow means the same thing. Not a single person followed Walker at all but I knew he was planning to commit when he came here (said that on here) because he added Tipton Edits the day he came in (all the guys do that before announcing)

Now, what does the unfollow mean? Not fully sure but have a feeling it doenst mean what people are reading into it. Just because guys decide not to visit doesn’t mean they immediately stop following. Heck, X still follows Knecht but not even Walker. 

These 2 paragraphs hurt my head. lol. It means a lot....but everybody uses social media differently. Follows mean a lot unless it's an unfollow, which could mean a lot....or nothing at all. 

I appreciate your opinions/contributions and I'm totally with you that social media is very important and it could mean a lot in certain instances. The problem is we don't know for sure what these instances are. So in the end, what do we really know other than there's mutual interest between IU and a recruit? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

These 2 paragraphs hurt my head. lol. It means a lot....but everybody uses social media differently. Follows mean a lot unless it's an unfollow, which could mean a lot....or nothing at all. 

I appreciate your opinions/contributions and I'm totally with you that social media is very important and it could mean a lot in certain instances. The problem is we don't know for sure what these instances are. So in the end, what do we really know other than there's mutual interest between IU and a recruit? 

It all depends on timing, context, how active that user is, not just follows but likes, follows and follow backs outside of players and coaches etc. but it is not just as simple as this player follows this guy.  There is a reason I said Mgbako was in play for us before it came out of nowhere to everyone else. Doenst make me some insider like Zion. If I was, I would have been wrong on that. 

Is it an exact science, hell no, but again, this is how recruiting is done now and we can choose to try and read things that give us hints or don’t. Right now, Woody has really clamped down on info getting out so this is one of the few ways you can find some info. But have to be careful how it is read. 

• Haha 2

On 4/30/2023 at 6:13 PM, BGleas said:

Some dude on BTB's said "I heard X and TG unfollowed him on IG"

No idea if we get Mgbako or not, but geez we're off the rails here. What do we think, the staff gets bad news on a recruit and then immediately sends a mass text to the team so everyone knows to unfollow the recruit?

This is nuts. 

Can you or someone else help me on something?  I followed Ledlum for his campus visit and I ended up getting a visit from IU PD and a restraining order.  Am I doing something wrong?  Want to be prepared for this visit for MM this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Can you or someone else help me on something?  I followed Ledlum for his campus visit and I ended up getting a visit from IU PD and a restraining order.  Am I doing something wrong?  Want to be prepared for this visit for MM this weekend.

I think @Indykev reported you. He crushes any perceived competition. Dude has a monopoly!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, IndyResident16 said:

St. John's has an exclusive partnership with Boardroom, a sports media entertainment platform co-founded by Kevin Durant. 

So.. ? And they have landed so many top guys… not.

they don’t have that much. Also, when their entire Twitter account has 1/10th the followers Gabe Cupps has… yeah. That matters. NIL is multiple things. They can’t compete. They are not Tenn. 

I say again, the top NIL earner in sports is a gymnast at LSU. She doesn’t get money from collectives.

Another way to put it, Hunter D. Is not marketable. His ON3 value (while not being perfect) shows that. All his money will have to come from collectives. 

St John’s can only offer so much and it can’t compete with IU. Mgbako wants money and playing time. Adidas will help. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I saw there was a tweet that he might visit Georgia 

If that is true, further proves the money chase. They would worry me more than any current program on his list unless he is truly tied to an Adidas deal. 

Edited by Initial79

10 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

So.. ? And they have landed so many top guys… not.

they don’t have that much. Also, when their entire Twitter account has 1/10th the followers Gabe Cupps has… yeah. That matters. NIL is multiple things. They can’t compete. They are not Tenn. 

I say again, the top NIL earner in sports is a gymnast at LSU. She doesn’t get money from collectives.

Another way to put it, Hunter D. Is not marketable. His ON3 value (while not being perfect) shows that. All his money will have to come from collectives. 

St John’s can only offer so much and it can’t compete with IU. Mgbako wants money and playing time. Adidas will help. 

So when/if this guy commits to St. John’s will you come on here and announce how full of sh*t your two week schtick has been and not post anymore? 

There’s plenty of “city” money floating around St. John’s, especially when they’re relevant. Pitino is a splash hire and a name that resonates throughout all 5 boroughs. I lived in NYC for 2 years during the height of the Carnesecca years in the 80’s and can tell you that city cares deeply when St. John’s is good at basketball.

The Garden will be electric this year against UConn.

Edited by IndyResident16
  • Like 1