2023 Mackenzie Mgbako COMMITS TO INDIANA UNIVERSITY!!!

Kansas says they want him and are pushing hard and the commenters think Kansas is the big dog here and why wouldn't a kid commit and so that leads people like Bossi to say they are in the driver's seat.  They think in the hierarchy that Kansas>Indiana.  I lay money he doesn't know sh*t.  At least no more than any of us.   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

My sources are telling me that IU is putting a lot of effort into Mgbako this weekend, and they hope he chooses IU. But Kansas also wants him.

See? I need my own website and Twitter to start sharing this inside information.

With that one tweet alone, you could become to recruiting prognostication, what Richard Simmons was to aerobic exercise ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

My sources are telling me that IU is putting a lot of effort into Mgbako this weekend, and they hope he chooses IU. But Kansas also wants him.

See? I need my own website and Twitter to start sharing this inside information.

The voices in my head are telling me that IU is putting an "all-in" effort into Mgbako this weekend, and will stop at nothing until he chooses IU. But Kansas can't have him and won't get him. Lol! 🙏😁

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

The voices in my head are telling me that IU is putting an "all-in" effort into Mgbako this weekend, and will stop at nothing until he chooses IU. But Kansas can't have him and won't get him. Lol! 🙏😁

How can I subscribe to these voices in your head? My head voices really enjoy what your head voices got going on in there. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

He got Love wrong...

We all have our opinions and feelings on this but the guy does truly have a huge hit rate. Better than any 247 guy. It is probably someone like Goodman posting under a burner account. 

with that, fyi, there was more than him saying there is something going on with Love. That he hasn’t actually signed yet which is odd. So it does make it a legit question he was posing.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluegrassIU said:

Careful Tweeting it - I've heard that makes it become reality. 

4 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

I've always said that the problem with most insiders is that they're almost always connected to the program, not the recruit. So for the most part they can only give you a sense of what the coaching staff thinks, but not what's actually going on inside the head of the recruit.

So I always take anything they say with a hearty dose of salt...

For sure, I do think that's a little different with in state kids, or especially some in state kids. 

Genuine question for all that think every guy never knows anything. Does that apply to just Twitter guys, Instagram etc. or do you believe the Rabby’s or each respective team? What about so called insiders that post here? 

I am asking because I get it if you say you don’t believe any of them. But what makes someone legit in your book if you believe some? 

fyi… the Kansas 247 guy is the one who started Kansas belief that it is over 

Edited by Initial79

4 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Genuine question for all that think every guy never knows anything. Does that apply to just Twitter guys, Instagram etc. or do you believe the Rabby’s or each respective team? What about so called insiders that post here? 

I am asking because I get it if you say you don’t believe any of them. But what makes someone legit in your book if you believe some? 

I pay attention to what several say through a variety of platforms. I just view recruiting as fluid, so until the recruit himself declares or commits it all remains relative. And I never expect anyone to be right every time. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Why does anyone on this board care about what anyone else thinks about their posts?  I think we've all shown we're mostly morons, so if someone disagrees with my post, I take it mostly as a badge of honor tbh.

This is utter BS! You sir, are not a moron. Prove me wrong.

Edited by HoosierDPU95
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

We all have our opinions and feelings on this but the guy does truly have a huge hit rate. Better than any 247 guy. It is probably someone like Goodman posting under a burner account. 

If hit rate is all he's interested in, and I'd say that's the case, then I suppose he's a "success" among that crowd...Good for him...

These people use the same tactics on you when you're in the check out line at a grocery store...

image.png.2e569ff60f9df76c7b8086f744315127.png

:D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Initial79 said:

Truthfully, I think it's because a lot of people are lazy. They want others to do the work for them. It's not always quick and easy to corroborate information, so by default, the loudest voice is often accepted, whether it's fair/truthful or not. One news report, one tweet, one story read on an uncle's Facebook page, and it's given the ultimate respect and held as gospel.

A good journalist will research and dig, trying to make sure there are substantive truths to the claims presented. Often times it takes multiple sources to confirm the validity of something reported. It takes a LOT of time and energy.

There's no real system of checks and balances here...

Large numbers of followers on Twitter/social media does not equate integrity and validity. SO, imho, it means taking many reports from multiple sources to become valid. If, and only when, those reports prove to be correct (or as close as possible) over an extended period of time, does that singular "source" become legit.

If not, they are an outlier, and anyone can be that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As for who I would trust with I do are guys who actually work for a legit college basketball site. Even though a lot don't like him but guys like Jeff Goodman has connections. I also think a guy like John Rothstein is very well connected in the college basketball world. If I guy just starts a blog and is not associated with any real affiliate I won't buy what he is selling. 

I see a lot of people just putting out click bait but have no clue what is going on. What upsets me when the headline is trade rumors but all it is someone making up a trade that they think would be a good trade.