Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

The Friars overall fg % (12-19 63%) and 3 point fg % (6-10 60%) are better than their ft % (7-14 50%)

Up 16 on Bucky at the break... 

That's wild. I'm tuned in.  Just got BTN on Sling.  Any time Wisconsin loses make me happy. 

I'll tell you why. They sucked at everything for 60 years.  Then that asshole Barry Alvarez came along. I will give credit where it's do. That man did a hell of a job. 

I dislike Wisconsin because of their pompous ass fans. They never had tradition because they sucked. I guess the specific point in time was when the football fans started doing the Jump Around thing in the 3rd quarter. When they started to get good. 

Then they started winning in the khols center in basketball.

We owned then for what 37+years?  

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

That's wild. I'm tuned in.  Just got BTN on Sling.  Any time Wisconsin loses make me happy. 

I'll tell you why. They sucked at everything for 60 years.  Then that asshole Barry Alvarez came along. I will give credit where it's do. That man did a hell of a job. 

I dislike Wisconsin because of their pompous ass fans. They never had tradition because they sucked. I guess the specific point in time was when the football fans started doing the Jump Around thing in the 3rd quarter. When they started to get good. 

Then they started winning in the khols center in basketball.

We owned then for what 37+years?  

Yes, even now we lead the basketball series by 17...

I never knew how much people from Minnesota hated people from Wisconsin until I visited Minneapolis 15 or so years ago... Almost as bad as Hoosiers despising Kentuckians...

They call them Sconies... With contempt... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yes, even now we lead the basketball series by 17...

I never knew how much people from Minnesota hated people from Wisconsin until I visited Minneapolis 15 or so years ago... Almost as bad as Hoosiers despising Kentuckians...

They call them Sconies... With contempt... 

Those cheesheads are about to find their rightful place while Woody puts IU where we rightfully belong. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Michigan looks very good. Illinois pretty good. Haven’t seen PU this year, but they should be good. Rest of league looks very suspect 

Purdue has Big Maple. Lol. I've been fishing in Canada twice. They could have come up with something better.

I don't think they'll do as good as they did last year. They relied way too much on Edey and IU and FDU solved the problem.  The game tapes are out and everyone knows how to beat Purdue.  

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Purdue has Big Maple. Lol. I've been fishing in Canada twice. They could have come up with something better.

I don't think they'll do as good as they did last year. They relied way too much on Edey and IU and FDU solved the problem.  The game tapes are out and everyone knows how to beat Purdue.  

They shouldn’t have to rely on him nearly as much this year. The team looks a LOT different this year with the three new guys they added to the rotation. Have looked a lot faster and have played more up tempo compared to last year. 

Best way to beat Purdue is help on Edey and hope Purdue misses open looks. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Michigan looks very good. Illinois pretty good. Haven’t seen PU this year, but they should be good. Rest of league looks very suspect 

I feel like we’ll know a lot more about Michigan once they play Memphis and Oregon right before playing us. They looked good against St John’s, but St John’s also lost to a D2 team, so I’m not sure how meaningful that is yet.

15 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Ought to get a good read on some Big 10 teams tonight...

Whisky @ Providence 6 ET FS1

Marquette @ Illinois 8 ET FS1

Iowa @ Creighton 10 ET FS1 

Duke @ Michigan State 7 ET ESPN

15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I expect the B1G to lose all 4 of those. 

He speaks the truth.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

...and yet, IU is going to have to improve a lot to get into the top six. Yikes.

True, but at least IU has things to improve on after pulling out ugly wins. They could be like MSU, Maryland, or Rutgers who all need to improve after losing to sub-100 teams.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

They shouldn’t have to rely on him nearly as much this year. The team looks a LOT different this year with the three new guys they added to the rotation. Have looked a lot faster and have played more up tempo compared to last year. 

Best way to beat Purdue is help on Edey and hope Purdue misses open looks. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t. 

And turnover the guards. Edey can’t beat you if he doesn’t have the ball. That’s where they struggled against IU last year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

And turnover the guards. Edey can’t beat you if he doesn’t have the ball. That’s where they struggled against IU last year.

Yep I agree. Smith has to be smart with the ball. And I think it helps that we added another legit ball handler in Jones that we didn’t have last year to take some of the pressure off of Smith. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yep I agree. Smith has to be smart with the ball. And I think it helps that we added another legit ball handler in Jones that we didn’t have last year to take some of the pressure off of Smith. 

So why don't you guys have a snappy nickname for Smith, like "The Little Sapling" or something? 😁

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Interesting logic 

#1 Kenpom offense vs top 100

29 wins 

When Purdue goes 5-26 on wide open 3’s with 16 turnovers they lose….every team loses with those 2 stats 

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

Interesting logic 

#1 Kenpom offense vs top 100

29 wins 

When Purdue goes 5-26 on wide open 3’s with 16 turnovers they lose….every team loses with those 2 stats 

i will write in haiku like you. (i am already rhyming)

interesting thought

you come to argue Purdue

on an iu board

Saint Peter's Peacocks live scores & schedule | Sofascore  

It's not great, but i am working on it.

Also, IU made 4 threes and had 18 turnovers against Army.

Edit: Google says i should add an image to my haiku.

Edited by ledies22
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, ledies22 said:

i will write in haiku like you. (i am already rhyming)

interesting thought

you come to argue Purdue

on an iu board

Saint Peter's Peacocks live scores & schedule | Sofascore  

It's not great, but i am working on it.

Also, IU made 4 threes and had 18 turnovers against Army.

Edit: Google says i should add an image to my haiku.

Agree 100%!

Big difference between AH and NCAA Tournament 

FDU is probably better than ARMY….but not by much 

Never gonna argue Purdue didn’t choke last year 

7 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Really impressed with Michigan & Illini 

Iowa & Penn State might be better than expected if Iowa can play D 

Glad you're impressed with Illinois, not sure I am yet. Defense will give them a high floor but unless they can solve the half court offense, the ceiling might be fairly low.

Surprised how bad Maryland has looked.

Conference needs to start adding some good wins, not too many on the books yet.