Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Yah, keeping the big ten in the past while ever other conference is moving forward with styles of play. 

The Big Ten doesn’t get the athletes you see at Arkansas or Kansas 

Purdue only recruits kids who fit the program…

I think IU has a higher rated class for 30+ ? 50+? Years 

7 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

The Big Ten doesn’t get the athletes you see at Arkansas or Kansas 

Purdue only recruits kids who fit the program…

I think IU has a higher rated class for 30+ ? 50+? Years 

That’s because of the style of play due to Purdue and Wisconsin. They love slow down bruiser ball keeping the big ten stuck in old school play. 

i don’t know what IU having a better recruiting class in the last whatever years has to do with the price of beans in Mexico. 

1 hour ago, ledies22 said:

That’s because of the style of play due to Purdue and Wisconsin. They love slow down bruiser ball keeping the big ten stuck in old school play. 

i don’t know what IU having a better recruiting class in the last whatever years has to do with the price of beans in Mexico. 

The guy Purdue just got isn’t a traditional plodder though. He can shoot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ledies22 said:

You guys are battling the known recruiting cheats….teams MP stopped going up against a dozen years ago 

Even with it being “legal” you know these schools will push the envelope 

just saying you guys can mix in a 5 star with 4 year development types 

5 hours ago, ledies22 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.401c2e2a871f967b56aa53e143de53b7.jpeg

If anyone wants to run a correlation analysis

Indiana national recruiting class ranking (RSCI)

1998: Not ranked
1999: Not ranked
2000: Not ranked
2001: Not ranked
2002: 13th
2003: Not ranked
2004: 5th
2005: Not ranked
2006: Not ranked
2007: 18th
2008: Not ranked
2009: 13th
2010: Not ranked
2011: Not ranked
2012: 7th
2013: 5th
2014: 15th
2015: Not ranked
2016: Not ranked
2017: Not ranked
2018: 13th
2019: Not ranked
2020: Not ranked
2021: 15th
2022: 13th

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Purdue should go for about 120 points tonight vs Samford... They have 44 with 4 minutes to go in the 1st... 

I understand not every team has the tools but the template for beating purdue is out there. Let the tree do his thing and shut the other 4 down. All teams need to do is scout  Woodys sweep, especially the home game whe JHS ran the same play for a FT jumper for what? 12 times. I can't remember.

Now that basketball season has started it still warms my soul that little ole Farleigh Dickinson to down the big maple. 😂 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I understand not every team has the tools but the template for beating purdue is out there. Let the tree do his thing and shut the other 4 down. All teams need to do is scout  Woodys sweep, especially the home game whe JHS ran the same play for a FT jumper for what? 12 times. I can't remember.

Now that basketball season has started it still warms my soul that little ole Farleigh Dickinson to down the big maple. 😂 

It works if you have someone of JHS’s caliber lol. Fortunately most teams we’ll face don’t have someone that good. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

It works if you have someone of JHS’s caliber lol. Fortunately most teams we’ll face don’t have someone that good. 

That's true. But basketball is a five man game. You could possibly leave Edey completely unguarded and have a quick guard type chase the ball and double team whoever the ball handler is. 

I've never seen it, just a random idea I came up with. But in my mind it could work. 4on5 and let the big slumbering oak tree go unguarded.  Other than Wilt Chamberlain who's won a game on their own?  Bill Russell maybe?  

I'd roll the dice and not even guard Edey. He can't dribble, he can't run the floor.  Only time he's good is within 5 feet of the rim.  Shut Edey down you beat purdue. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Or if you have highly recruited guys like the ones who played for FDU last year. 

I hope that the Toiletmakers do a 7’4” face plant this year…but really,

NO ONE CARES. VBG!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

That's true. But basketball is a five man game. You could possibly leave Edey completely unguarded and have a quick guard type chase the ball and double team whoever the ball handler is. Close down passing lanes 

I've never seen it, just a random idea I came up with. But in my mind it could work. 4on5 and let the big slumbering oak tree go unguarded.  Other than Wilt Chamberlain who's won a game on their own?  Bill Russell maybe?  

I'd roll the dice and not even guard Edey. He can't dribble, he can't run the floor.  Only time he's good is within 5 feet of the rim.  Shut Edey down you beat purdue. 

Edited by mrflynn03

On 9/25/2023 at 12:08 PM, IUFLA said:

Rutgers writer "Cautiously Optimistic"

I'm going more with "delusional." :)

"I see Rutgers finishing Big Ten play with a record of 15 wins and 5 losses. Combining the OOC and Big Ten predictions, Rutgers would be left with an impressive 26-7 record."

🤣🤣🤣

On 9/25/2023 at 12:24 PM, FKIM01 said:

Agree.  Can't say I see anything cautious about 26-7 and 15-5.

Screenshot_20231106-195639.thumb.png.de21c2119e9ba1efb3ed8521645fa977.png

😂

• Haha 3