Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

Doing some skunk work on the Auburn game, and ESPN posted that they will be doing the game from the State Farm Arena. No time set yet.

Still thinking of going over to that game rather than coming up to B-town for a cupcake game up there during Christmas break. I think the Auburn game will be super competitive.

Parking rates in downtown Atlanta are astronomical ! Up to $50 for events. $15 if you want to walk 1½ miles (each way)

12 hours ago, DWB said:

Doing some skunk work on the Auburn game, and ESPN posted that they will be doing the game from the State Farm Arena. No time set yet.

Still thinking of going over to that game rather than coming up to B-town for a cupcake game up there during Christmas break. I think the Auburn game will be super competitive.

Parking rates in downtown Atlanta are astronomical ! Up to $50 for events. $15 if you want to walk 1½ miles (each way)

I'm planning on driving over from Mississippi. What are ticket prices looking like ?

14 hours ago, DWB said:

Do like I used to do. Park at the airport and take the MARTA train!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MSHoosier said:

I'm planning on driving over from Mississippi. What are ticket prices looking like ?

Haven't found any prices yet. Not looking real hard at this point, but probably will next month. Was thinking of calling the IU ticket office next week.

18 hours ago, DWB said:

Take the light rail?

4 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Take the light rail?

You're the 2nd person that's mentioned that. I'll have to check into it. Sounds like a good idea on the surface. Unless of course, the game starts at 8 pm. Might not be able to get back to where I started if it doesn't run 24/7

Illinois is on a swing through Europe  over the summer...I found this tidbit interesting...

"Despite shooting just 9-53 from beyond the arc overseas, they have put up about 90 points per game."

That's 17% by the team that finished last in the Big 10 in 3 point percentage last year...and against crappy competition to boot... 

Now THAT I'd be concerned about 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Illinois is on a swing through Europe  over the summer...I found this tidbit interesting...

"Despite shooting just 9-53 from beyond the arc overseas, they have put up about 90 points per game."

That's 17% by the team that finished last in the Big 10 in 3 point percentage last year...and against crappy competition to boot... 

Ugly

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Did they hire Archie as a shooting coach over the summer??

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Sounds like he's just the second kid in the 2023 class at UM?

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Yep... George Washington III... #85 in the class... 

Well, there goes the one strength I thought Howard had...recruiting.  Our fans would be apoplectic if Woodson had such a terrible recruiting class.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 8:23 AM, IUFLA said:

For sure, along with terrible FT shooting. Defense should be really good and transition offense as well. But Underwood has to come up with a viable half court offense, something that's been lacking recently. Lots of depth and size, athleticism. But the PG spot? Eh...

On 8/21/2023 at 7:39 PM, IUFLA said:

I think it's funny Illini fans are piling on...

Besides the return of Coleman and Shannon, forcing Williams off the roster is the best news they've had... 

Was never on the roster.

Good to have college sports starting up again.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Was never on the roster.

He was committed to the Illini for 22 days and was taking up scholarship room...However you want to frame it...

I'd say they were smart to get rid of him if it wasn't so dumb to recruit him with all of the smoke around the betting scandal in the first place...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, IUFLA said:

He was committed to the Illini for 22 days and was taking up scholarship room...However you want to frame it...

I'd say they were smart to get rid of him if it wasn't so dumb to recruit him with all of the smoke around the betting scandal in the first place...

No, was not "taking up scholarship room", was never announced by the program.

The dumb part was they wanted him to sit out this season to rehab his injured leg and play next season while they desperately needed a PG this year.

8 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

No, was not "taking up scholarship room", was never announced by the program.

The dumb part was they wanted him to sit out this season to rehab his injured leg and play next season while they desperately needed a PG this year.

Again, you can frame it any way you choose...Illinois offered, he committed, and then 22 days later he decommitted...

I'm pretty sure they weren't shopping the scholarship durning those 22 days, but whatever...

Not really worried about Illinois...I saw pre-season rankings that had them at 17, and I truly wonder why...

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at Maryland's roster today, and I think there's a really good chance that Jordan Geronimo starts for them...

They have Julian Reese at the 5, Donta Scott at the 3, Jahmir Young at the 1, and Freshman DeShawn Harris-Smith at the 2...

Unless they play Caelum Swanton-Rogers or Mady Traore at the 5 and move Reese to the 4...